Mafia Rules and Registration/Discussion Thread

bucsfan333

i feel it's pretty stupid that people can stay in chats even after they get merked and give game info, which i just learned was a thing from blue? like if they're dead they are dead lol.

all good if they stay and cheer their teammates on or whatever but what's the logic behind letting them say game talk?

2 minutes ago, Shady Slim said:

i feel it's pretty stupid that people can stay in chats even after they get merked and give game info, which i just learned was a thing from blue? like if they're dead they are dead lol.

all good if they stay and cheer their teammates on or whatever but what's the logic behind letting them say game talk?

It varies. I think nacho removes then from chat, but others don't. Most don't in my experience

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

It varies. I think nacho removes then from chat, but others don't. Most don't in my experience

i figure not removing them from the chat's fine if only so they can say like, "oh wow that was a good move", yknow, offer in a running commentary - but disclosing actual game info?

seems a bit weird - but that's just my ten cents

12 minutes ago, Shady Slim said:

If a host allows someone to stay in chat after death, they don't (or at least shouldn't) give that player any additional info.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

If a host allows someone to stay in chat after death, they don't (or at least shouldn't) give that player any additional info.

that's what i figured

just asking the question because we had an instance of orca gets some info -> doesn't tell me -> dies -> blue says that he can still tell me? like idk if he dies before telling me the info should die along with him, because we aren't doing ghosts here

edit:

actually that's a role idea!

Edited by Shady Slim

1 minute ago, Shady Slim said:

that's what i figured

just asking the question because we had an instance of orca gets some info -> doesn't tell me -> dies -> blue says that he can still tell me? like idk if he dies before telling me the info should die along with him, because we aren't doing ghosts here

edit:

actually that's a role idea!

yeah it's tricky for that reason.

in my games I usually ban members from their chats as they're killed, and invite them to dead chat for that reason.

a lot of hosts treat scum info as shared anyway so t hings sent to one player at night is common knowledge to every other scum player but my setups in particular aren't always going to be like that.

also I feel like once a player dies, not only is their abilities gone, but their opinions should be barred as well.

I'm in the minority though as far as hosts to do this, however. Not that the other way is necessarily bad, either. So long as those dead scum players don't receive any info about the game from the host as a normal dead player could receive, that is.

• Like 1