Mafia Rules and Registration/Discussion Thread

bucsfan333

@Uncle Buck has inspired me into attempting a non-traditional Texas Holdem style mafia game. Ive got some ideas running through my head, but would be interested in hearing suggestions. It wouldnt be a true mafia, but would have some sort of betting mechanism for the lynch/hits/moves.... something. 

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Beavis said:

With @rackcs game done. I can start mine up and doing a rolling signups.

Wouldn't be able to start it until saturday at least (Have to train a newbie at work otherwise id be able to start whenever)

Sounds great. Hopefully I have time and willingness to read this time lol

1 hour ago, Beavis said:

With @rackcs game done. I can start mine up and doing a rolling signups.

Wouldn't be able to start it until saturday at least (Have to train a newbie at work otherwise id be able to start whenever)

you gotta say when you are done reserving posts

also, lets not do rolling signups. those are easy to deduce.

we got 2 days. you should get at least 17 by then

and tag people.

Perusing the list, i'm definitely looking forward to a Stargate Mafia.  That has the potential to be an absolutely and complete **** show.  I want in on that action.

Burn Notice sounds fun too.  Though inevitably will just make me want to binge the show again.

On 11/26/2020 at 5:43 AM, Matts4313 said:

@Uncle Buck has inspired me into attempting a non-traditional Texas Holdem style mafia game. Ive got some ideas running through my head, but would be interested in hearing suggestions. It wouldnt be a true mafia, but would have some sort of betting mechanism for the lynch/hits/moves.... something. 

The thought of "betting" as a move in some capacity where everyone starts with the same $ amount and then loses/gains more would be a fun/interesting mechanic, but it would have to be done in thread with folds/etc. accordingly. You'd also have to have each individual person have their own discord channel with you "dealing" them their hand, otherwise you'll really get pages upon pages of PM's.

5 hours ago, Malfatron said:

Who has got next?

if nobody, im looking to start another one before the holidays.

I have one ready to go but if someone else has next, i will play in that.

just make sure its ready to go in order to end before 12/23

I could get McCarthyism Mafia together pretty quickly if we need one ready to go.  

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Malfatron said:

Who has got next?

if nobody, im looking to start another one before the holidays.

I have one ready to go but if someone else has next, i will play in that.

just make sure its ready to go in order to end before 12/23

Death Note Mafia is nearly done but yall will need to build the mafia community back up a bit before I host it because I'm unwilling to cut too many roles lol

If there's ever a point a game is needed I;ve been interested in rehosting Final Fantasy Tactics mafia at some point with all the Jobs known at the start (and some minor additions/removals of special characters to add a bit of mystery)

• Like 2