TACT XX: One X Short Of A Good Time - Thanks Corona

D82

10 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

They sent in the Guard and there’s such a stark contrast between the way the Guard handles protesters vs the police.

selfies v tear gas

Because of stories like this I don't mind them using tear gas and frankly something more potent for those turning violent.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/retired-st-louis-police-captain-killed-looters-while-trying-protect-n1223386

Notice how the article did it's best to distance the rioters/protesters from the crime using word's like "amid" instead of calling them rioters. Of course is it really a surprise when some of these news stations now are actually trying to word the rioters as bringing a positive change to the world by robbing, murdering, and hurting innocent and great people like this. 

I'm done with Freedom of Press they can take it out of the constitution now. We have social media now protected by freedom of speech and I see more effort put in by these vloggers getting truth out there then these propagandist machines who actually seem to enjoy this anarchy.

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

God the pessimist in you needs to be snuffed

For real. 60's/70's/80's were a real bad time for a lot of Americans.

39 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Because of stories like this I don't mind them using tear gas and frankly something more potent for those turning violent.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/retired-st-louis-police-captain-killed-looters-while-trying-protect-n1223386

Notice how the article did it's best to distance the rioters/protesters from the crime using word's like "amid" instead of calling them rioters. Of course is it really a surprise when some of these news stations now are actually trying to word the rioters as bringing a positive change to the world by robbing, murdering, and hurting innocent and great people like this. 

You do realize there is a difference between rioters and protesters, right?

39 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I'm done with Freedom of Press they can take it out of the constitution now. We have social media now protected by freedom of speech and I see more effort put in by these vloggers getting truth out there then these propagandist machines who actually seem to enjoy this anarchy.

Yikes. I hate the news but I still realize that a hipster from san fran isnt going to have the access a reporter will in most things.

13 hours ago, DaBoys said:

God the pessimist in you needs to be snuffed

My "pessimism' isn't based on the last few years, but rather decades.. I see/witness more and more difficult problems arising not dissipating..

Just using a few on a long list of problems.. when I was born there were 3 Billion.. We have around 7 billion.. everything thing from pollution to poverty increases.. The once strong middle class is evaporating.. people in general I feel are holding far less morale values each generation.. people are becoming way too excuse making and basically becoming "snow-flakes". Dare I mention what the affects "social media" can do/has done to the younger generation... depression suicides and the need to impress others etc..

this generation becoming more and more desensitized to violence...

Is that being pessimistic or realistic? depends on how you see the "glass" perhaps.. 

I could go on and on, but pessimism drains my energy... 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Is that being pessimistic or realistic? depends on how you see the "glass" perhaps.. 

Definitely pessimistic. Regardless what is going on in the world, realistically, the good outweighs the bad by a long shot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

My "pessimism' isn't based on the last few years, but rather decades.. I see/witness more and more difficult problems arising not dissipating..

Just using a few on a long list of problems.. when I was born there were 3 Billion.. We have around 7 billion.. everything thing from pollution to poverty increases.. The once strong middle class is evaporating.. people in general I feel are holding far less morale values each generation.. people are becoming way too excuse making and basically becoming "snow-flakes". Dare I mention what the affects "social media" can do/has done to the younger generation... depression suicides and the need to impress others etc..

this generation becoming more and more desensitized to violence...

I could go on and on, but pessimism drains my energy... 

Well, not to break the rules of the forum, and speaking only from my own beliefs and point of view, this comes as no surprise. This is what happens when you take God out of everything.

If this is offensive to anyone, I apologize. 

• Like 1

On 6/5/2020 at 11:55 PM, DaBoys said:

Bro don’t let 17 year old white kids with skateboards And desperate criminals with rubble ruin a peaceful protest. Not just whites but, people from all races are capitalizing on this. Looting happens during hurricanes, floods, thunderstorms, protests, concerts, or anything distracting. 

This is a side story. 

I’m going to go out on a limb and guess you don’t like the acronym ACAB.

Why? Because it ignorantly lumps all cops into one based on the actions of a few.

But you want to start a trend APAB because of rioters? All protesters are not bad. And as a guy who knows where La Grange, Texas is... I would expect you to be pro constitutional amendments.

love you

To be fair, I don't like the acronym ACAB because I disagree with it. I understand how and why it came about, but I don't blame all law enforcement for the poor decisions of the select few. What I hope this results in are sweeping changes in the methods in which law enforcement officers are trained, and significant changes in the mechanics behind the evaluations, investigations, and disciplines to the officers who violate the law.

Sadly, I'm not getting my hopes up.

• Like 2