Who is the biggest surprise/reach in the 1st round?

Ragnarok

4 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Guarantee we'll reach on someone.

Even now, with our roster, I'd be amazed if BB drafted a TE or first round QB. We'll get some DL or LB that you all have 2nd round grades on, I reckon. 

I get the feeling that BB will select Trautman... and I'll go

giphy.gif

IDK why Jeudy with his 4.45 speed and insane route running is not taking the top off a defense. 

I see him as a better Greg Jennings, who people for some reason saw as a slot guy despite averaging 16 YPC during his prime years before injury. Thats not a possession WR, thats a dynamic guy who makes plays at all 3 levels. He may not be a guy that you run verticals for, but you dont send that out much. This isnt madden. But on a deep crossing route Jerry is going to use that athleticism and route running to get open when he cuts inside. 

I was looking at the board and there’s a clear top 20 or so (3 QBs, 3 WRs, 4 OTs, Brown/Kinlaw, Young/Chaisson, 3 LBs, Okudah/Henderson)

After that, player 21 through player 80 is basically the same guy. Wouldn’t surprise me if there’s some surprise picks in the back half of round 1.

Ezra Cleveland and Justin Madubuike spring to mind. 

• Like 1

On 4/7/2020 at 11:48 AM, BroncosFan2010 said:

IDK why Jeudy with his 4.45 speed and insane route running is not taking the top off a defense. 

I see him as a better Greg Jennings, who people for some reason saw as a slot guy despite averaging 16 YPC during his prime years before injury. Thats not a possession WR, thats a dynamic guy who makes plays at all 3 levels. He may not be a guy that you run verticals for, but you dont send that out much. This isnt madden. But on a deep crossing route Jerry is going to use that athleticism and route running to get open when he cuts inside. 

They don’t really ask him to. He’s the short-intermediate range WR. And I have seen Jeudy torch CBs en route to easy touchdowns on deep balls. Especially good at selling the fade and then busting it into a post between safeties.

I can see why they used Jeudy as the set-up guy and allowed Devonta Smith, Jalen Waddle, and Henry Ruggs to run all of the vertical stuff. Alabama had the GOAT college WR group last season. All 4 of those guys are bonafide stars. No team has ever had those kinds of receiving weapons. 

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 11:48 AM, BroncosFan2010 said:

Jerry Jeudy = Reggie Wayne

Except I think Jeudy might be a better route runner.

1 hour ago, battle2heaven said:

It sounds like this year's first round will be the year of the Tackle. A lot of murmurs of 6-7 offensive tackles being taken in the 1st.

Its a low key great OT draft, at least up top, a big position of need and then you have a lot of teams at the end of the first with QBs to draft.