NFL Names 2010s All-Decade Teams

BlaqOptic

45 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Where do you think total contribution comes from? The entire scope of your play time. So the longer you play the higher the total. So no I didn't ignore it.

You say that, but then think Frederick deserves more credit for playing less seasons. 

I never said it didn't so maybe not put words into my mouth. But why should some "good" seasons help their argument which is what Jak said, when accomplishing as much in less time should be held against said player. Fred accomplished alot of accolades in a short period of time he was getting to be Gronk of his position but that is neither here nor there. Fact is what he accomplished in the amount of time he did should be taken into account and not dismissed because of lack of longevity. 

Frederick accomplishments are being taken into account, that’s literally what this conversation is about. They’re not being dismissed.

Accomplishments + longevity > just accomplishments. And since most people view Mack and Frederick as similar caliber of players (though I’m sure most would give Frederick the nod in terms of quality), it’s not enough to throw that equation the other way.

So you wanted to make the argument that it's not up for debate that Kelce was better then Witten because of quality despite Witten having more yards, catches, and TD's and more years. You and Jak went off on this bringing up accolades again and about how time in league shouldn't matter.

I said Kelce has been the superior player since he’s been a starter in the league, check it. And also, Kelce also has more yards. And also, I never said time shouldn’t matter, actually argued against that on a couple posts. So that’s three wrong statements in one paragraph. 

I say ok so so Fred who has only 1 less pro bowl then Mack who played 4 more seasons then the quality of play and accolades should be taken into account here too right? Well not according to you because of hype surrounding the position and yet accolades say otherwise to suggest it does play a factor. 

Dude, what are you even reading? 

Let me try this, again, as simply as possible: the primary argument for Mack over Frederick are the extra seasons. That provides value. Frederick has probably been a slightly better player, but they’re still similar caliber players. So Mack, who has accolades and longevity, wins out here. That isn’t discounting Frederick but it is granting value to the player that actually played the seasons.

You’ve managed to misconstrue every single thing said. So I’ll leave it as I opened it...I don’t think you’re following.

Edited by Yin-Yang
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

Matt Forte was more of a RB than a flex player..

Sproles was a weapon in the passing game. Sproles Yard pet Touch was pretty nutty. Dude was a great safety valve and was lethal gashing teams. I agree with that list, he wasn’t used as much. While Forte had the work load of a full RB, so therefor he must compete against RBs. 

Forte really only had one good year or maybe 2, depending how you look at it.  Then his YPC became super pedestrian for a few years. 

I don’t favor guys who rack up yards on a bad YPC. Half his career he was under 4. 

• Like 1

Yup.. Sproles had 9 years with a YPT over 6.. 

Forte had 0.. 

Sproles had 5 years over a 7 YPT. Dude was phenomenal. People forget how great he was and how devastating his playmaking ability was. 

Was also a ace special teamer... 

Sproles all day over Forte. Those who say no only look at bulk stats. 

Sproles had 6 years of having a YPC over 5.. 

Forte? 0. 

Edited by ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI

8 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Lol Pouncey over Kelce? Eeehhhhhh man idk. That really jumps out to me. Also, some of y'all need to watch more Fletcher Cox. Dude downright wins games.

Pouncey was a 2x First Team All-Pro to start his career, likely would have been a 3x First Team All-Pro if DeCastro didn't blow up his knee in 2013, and yet still had 3 Second Team All-Pros where as Kelce just had 3x First Team All-Pros. Pouncey was elite longer.

@kingseanjohn 

Sproles as a "flex" is a perfect place for him.

Sproles was never the feature back in any offense which allowed him to play as long as he did since it limited his wear and tear.

He was always the gadget/spell back on every offense and possibly the best one to do it in recent years. 

4 hours ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Forte really only had one good year or maybe 2, depending how you look at it.

giphy.gif

I don’t favor guys who rack up yards on a bad YPC. Half his career he was under 4. 

Wut? He avg 4.3 from 2010-2017 and that's counting his Jets days when he was 31 and 32 years old and still averaged 5.1 YPT. From 2010-2015 he was over 4 in every year except 1 (3.9) and averaged 5.3 YPT. 

Yup.. Sproles had 9 years with a YPT over 6.. 

Forte had 0.. 

This is laughable. Since when did 6 YPT become the cut-off for RB's? According to you, AP doesn't belong on this list since he only averaged 4.8 YPT. Neither does Lynch (4.7) or Gore (4.5).

Sproles averaged over 6 because he only had 999 touches in 10 years (2010-2019).  Forte had 2,200 touches in 8 years (2010-2017) and averaged 5.2. 

Sproles had 6 years of having a YPC over 5.. 

Forte? 0. 

Nope. He only had 4 years over 5 YPC (2010, '11, '12, '14) with only had a combined 242 touches during this time and never once over 100 in a single season.

50 in 2010, 87 in 2011,  48 in 2012, and 57 in 2014.

Forte had over 1,000 scrimmage yards in every year of his career except his last. Sproles? 0.

For many years, Forte WAS the Bears offense and did it behind a makeshift OL for the most part. Can't say the same for Sproles.

In 2010, Forte accounted for 62% of the teams total combined yards and touchdowns.

• 35% of the teams total yardage on offense (#1 on the team). 
  • 27% of the teams total TD's (#1 on the team).
  • 26% of the teams total first downs (#1 on the team)
  • 66% of the teams total rushing yards (#1 on the team)
  • 19% of the teams total receptions (tied #1 on the team)
  • 18% of the teams total receiving yards (#3 on the team)
  • 13% of the teams total receiving TD's (#3 on the team)
  • 15% of the teams total passing targets on the team (#4 on the team)

44% in 2011
48% in 2012 
58% in 2013 
62% in 2014
44% in 2015 

• Like 4

Gore and Fitzgerald are legacy awards. No one is going to look back on the 2010s and think of either of them much. Gore didn't even reach 1000 yards for 5 of the seasons and was below 4ypc for 4 of the seasons. Outside of them the offense is mostly fine with some arguments here and there.

Edited by Malik
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Sproles (2010-2019): 2665 rushing yards, 466 receptions, 3960 receiving yards, 40 TDs

McCaffrey (2017-2019): 2920 rushing yards, 303 receptions, 2523 receiving yards, 39 TDs

But, But, But... Return Yardage... ¬¬

12 hours ago, jrry32 said:

How did Frank Gore make it? He was a top 4 HB for maybe one year during the decade.

People (media etc) love Frank Gore. I always bring it up whenever the Frank Gore HOF debate comes up. People often overlook how well liked he is by the people who determine this sort of crap