Baseball is back? 60 game season incoming

DirtyDez

One thing included in the MLBPA proposal. it would ACTUALLY HAVE ME TUNE IN TO WATCH BASEBALL AGAIN.....

Universal DH. Back in the day I was pro 9 vs 9, but then I realized how much of a buzzkill and momentum killer forcing the pitcher to be essentially a free out is. It makes for a bad spectator product for old person reasons.

7 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

If I see one more statement release that’s not the announcement of a deal...

MLB owners are countering. So we're like 3ish statements away? Maybe another round if they counter at 62 games instead of just saying "okay, let's meet in the middle".

• Like 1

On 6/18/2020 at 11:25 AM, MWil23 said:

I'd rather take the Dolan approach and say "We'll start giving out full bottles of Gatorade when (insert rich district down the road from us) starts giving out three bottles after games".

TBH I think the Mets approach might be best “Instead of a Gatorade after each game, we are going to defer it and you will get a case of them starting when you turn 25 once a year for the rest of your life”. 

On 6/19/2020 at 10:24 PM, Danger said:

MLB owners are literally the worst in all of sports.

They couldn't even concede FIVE games. Just insane levels of powerful dumb rich guy energy. They were never going to do anything but play these 50 games, everything else was empty.

Hope they enjoyed destroying the sport.

At this point, the MLBPA should just vote no, make Manfred implement what they were going to do all along on that 50 game mark, and then file a grievance. There's no point in giving the owners and commissioner ammunition on "reaching an agreement", because that's a joke.

21 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

They couldn't even concede FIVE games. Just insane levels of powerful dumb rich guy energy. They were never going to do anything but play these 50 games, everything else was empty.

Hope they enjoyed destroying the sport.

Baseball just ain't happening this year.

Honestly, this was smart by the players. If Manfred implements 60 games, they don't lose anything except a very conditional postseason money pool and in exchange they not only retain the ability to file a grievance but they still have the expanded playoffs in 2021 as a bargaining chip if they want something else.  If Manfred implements less than 60 games, he's the bad guy and the players will argue that he could have implemented 60 during the grievance, so they might get paid for 60 anyway.

• Like 1