Jamal Adams Trade Thread

rdelaney89

Adams wants to get paid, he understands this is a business. This isn't only about this year, or playing for a winner, this is about capitalizing on a second contract too. 

Is he talented, an Alpha Male player, yes. Is he worth what he's asking NO. 

Remember Darnold has to be paid too, and I'm sure the Jets are looking to what they will need to retain Darnold's services.

Not to mention future WR's especially if they are elite. 

So what will the Jets do? Adam's has painted the Jets into a corner, even if they wanted to retain him.

He will set a president for contracts going forward, especially if they have someone who is elite.

Adam's doesn't put points on the score board.

A young Julio Jones, JJ Watt, or any top elite WR, these are positions that demand top dollar. Including QB's.

Top OL get about 10-14 million a year.

I see Adam's being traded, when ? Who knows, but the Jets are strapped with the cap and aren't making

long term deals with anyone.

Bell, Mosely, all fall on the former GM.

• 4 weeks later...

Here's something to ponder, first the Jets are in no hurry to sign Adams long term. Why?

Because they hold the advantage in negotiations and time. Should the Jets decide to franchise him,

then he is under contract for the next 3 years.

But I see another scenario playing out, and it is this, Adams will demand a trade.

The Jets will oblige him and get good compensation for him, for all his good, his leadership, and intangibles. 

He is a distraction as well, and if the Jets cave, you can see this scenario playing out over and over again.

I believe Adams will demand to be traded.

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I wish the Jets could convince him that with COVID and cap uncertainties they cannot extend him yet, just continue balling and they'll take care of him when they get answers.

I am really tired about all this talk about Adams, either he stays or goes I really don't care at this point. Douglas is trying to put a playoff team together he doesn't need this crap from Adams.

• Like 1

I don't get why we can't pay Adams. Darnold has 3 more seasons until we resign him (and if we do) and Mosley and Bell will be off the books by then.

I do get not paying him this year, as we have 2 years left on his contract, but we should be able to extend him without issue. And honestly this is the best window to overpay on a contract before franchise hopefulls like QWill, Darnold, Becton, and Mims would need to eat.

15 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

I don't get why we can't pay Adams. Darnold has 3 more seasons until we resign him (and if we do) and Mosley and Bell will be off the books by then.

I do get not paying him this year, as we have 2 years left on his contract, but we should be able to extend him without issue. And honestly this is the best window to overpay on a contract before franchise hopefulls like QWill, Darnold, Becton, and Mims would need to eat.

I thought the same way until I just learned that two things that may develop the hesitation to pay Adams he wants.

1. Cash Flow is reportedly low.

2. Bears' Eddie Jackson was probably the first defensive player in last many year that receive new and large contract after playing first 3 seasons in pro.

After that, both sides have traded some idiotic words.     Shut Up and participate?  That should kill the relationship between Adams and JD.

3 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

I believe they will extend him NEXT offseason. Adams needs to believe that too 

23 hours ago, JetsandI said:

I thought the same way until I just learned that two things that may develop the hesitation to pay Adams he wants.

1. Cash Flow is reportedly low.

2. Bears' Eddie Jackson was probably the first defensive player in last many year that receive new and large contract after playing first 3 seasons in pro.

After that, both sides have traded some idiotic words.     Shut Up and participate?  That should kill the relationship between Adams and JD.

I think Eddie only had a year, plus he was being severely underpaid due to his draft position and his new contract is definitely much less than what Adams is seeking. Hopefully Adams can see that.

But I'm not gonna give the Jets a break here either. Adams needs to be sensible but we can't be stingy. We're in a great position to overpay and set a new culture where we actually keep our homegrown talent instead or picking up scraps from the Ravens.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NJerseypaint said:

I think Eddie only had a year, plus he was being severely underpaid due to his draft position and his new contract is definitely much less than what Adams is seeking. Hopefully Adams can see that.

But I'm not gonna give the Jets a break here either. Adams needs to be sensible but we can't be stingy. We're in a great position to overpay and set a new culture where we actually keep our homegrown talent instead or picking up scraps from the Ravens.

Also, he is 27 years old.  Drafted at 25. wow.

JA camp has to slow down a little bit because Jets have yet to sign a single '20 draftee. 

Edited by JetsandI