2020 NFL Draft - Day One Discussion

RpMc

How would you feel if this is how night one shook out?

Vikings trade up to pick #19 with LV (we send 22/89/219 to LV for 19/121)

19. Henry Ruggs III WR/Alabama

Vikings trade down to pick #32 with KC (moving in front of MIA for their RB choice) (we send #25 to KC for #32/96/177)

32. Jaylon Johnson CB/Utah

Before the night is done, recognizing that we didn't get one of the main tackles, Rick call up Washington and flips #132 and a conditional pick for Trent Williams

You've added a speed threat and a high level tackle if he's healthy to your offense, and a young corner with length/aggressiveness to the defense while still having.

58, 96, 105, 121, 155, 177, 201, 205, 249, and 253 left in the draft.

4 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Wouldn't that be a no-brainer? Isn't he a top-15 prospect? 

Depends on what you want from your receivers, I have him that highly, but he's not without warts/questions.

Maybe teams in the early/middle part of the draft choose to address other areas knowing that the high/mid second round is a sweet spot for receivers as well.

Edited by RpMc

47 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

He's had some pretty terrible luck, too. Imagine if Floyd and Bridgewater didn't have freak accidents.

I could probably safely say that Cousins would be QBing for the Jets and Floyd would likely still be the starting 3T. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Vikings trade down to pick #32 with KC (moving in front of MIA for their RB choice) (we send #25 to KC for #32/96/177)

Before the night is done, recognizing that we didn't get one of the main tackles, Rick call up Washington and flips #132 and a conditional pick for Trent Williams

You've added a speed threat and a high level tackle if he's healthy to your offense, and a young corner with length/aggressiveness to the defense while still having.

Do you want to call rick or have me do it?

1 hour ago, RpMc said:

Im not in favor of trading up, but i wouldnt be upset with that. I think Ruggs would be a really nice addition. 

I hope Ruggs falls to 22. Or any of the top 3 WR's really.

I always watch the draft with my mom. We eat wings and pizza, and usually have the draft on one screen and the NHL/NBA playoffs on another.

We are going to order wings and pizza and facetime this year. 

Just cracked a hazy IPA (voodoo ranger - not my fav, but not bad) and will probably switch to manhattans in a bit.

• Like 2

Just a quick question and I know this has been touched on a bit (maybe I missed) but what are thoughts, if we landed one of the top 4 Tackles (or maybe even Jackson) that we would have serious interest in Clowney?  It seems to me that a trade with WSH would be an easy way to fill one big hole but, for roughly the same money, would Clowney not do the same in a very big way?  Depending on how things fall it seems that filling 3 of our 4 glaring holes in the draft is very doable.  Filling all 4 is a stretch.

10 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Other than what channel you watch the draft on, what other rituals do we have? Have they been impacted by our current climate?

Whatcha eating? Whatcha drinking?

Webex meeting with buddies, High Life and Pizza. 

Anybody know of an easy place to stream coverage?  No cable at office.

7 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

I always watch the draft with my mom. We eat wings and pizza, and usually have the draft on one screen and the NHL/NBA playoffs on another.

Just cracked a hazy IPA (voodoo ranger - not my fav, but not bad) and will probably switch to manhattans in a bit.

Not sure where to watch this year, typically I watch in a bar.  Drinking whiskey but have to be careful, wife is driving me to drink!

24 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Other than what channel you watch the draft on, what other rituals do we have? Have they been impacted by our current climate?

For the last several years I have watched the draft with the lead pastor of my church (Packer fan) along with a few other guys from church (Bears represented too). The pastor is the biggest draft wonk I know, much more so than myself. I just tried to pick up enough tidbits here to not embarrass myself.

We always met either at my place, my brother's place, or the pastor's place. Food was ordinary, but good. Burgers, watermelon, chips, dips, whatever people bring (potluck style).

It is going to be different this year, but only somewhat because corona. My church fired our lead pastor and he is giving sermons nowhere near my town nowadays. The rest of us guys were really just getting together with him because he was way into it. None of us would have likely been motivated enough to pull anything together on our own. I mean, pastors make good leaders; we do not.

So, I'll be sitting at home following myself this year. I don't know what it will be like without the banter. Maybe I'll follow along on this Internet board this year.

Edited by Cearbhall

23 minutes ago, RpMc said:

I am taking advantage of the nice weather and spending time at the lake property, so my only choice will be ABC.  

On the menu for the weekend is Papa Murphys, Burgers and Brats on the grill, and a couple cold ones by the bonfire. 

Ready to get the party started.  SKOL 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

This hits home. I do the exact same every year. She doesn't know any of the college players, but she gets really excited all the same lol

• Like 1