2020 Day 1 NFL Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS!)

CWood21

11 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I just see different players. With Aiyuk, I see Davante Adams-type ceiling. With Reagor, I see Tyreek Hill-type ceiling. Either one you'd obviously take on your team, and I would. But we already have a Davante Adams, hence why I'd go Reagor as my first choice. 

Aiyuk is nothing like Adams so I'm not sure where you're coming from there. If you want an Adams comp in the draft to me it's Tyler Johnson. 

I ran through my last TDN mock draft....All I gotta say is that we got some serious work left to do on the DL.

30.  Jalen Reagor, WR.

62.  Trevon Diggs, CB.

94.  Saahdiq Charles, OT.

136.  Anfernee Jennings, EDGE.

175.  Justin Strnad, ILB.

192.  Tanner Muse, S.

208.  Tyler Clark, DL. 

209.  Raymond Calais, RB/KR.

236.  Darrion Daniels, DL.

242.  Jacob Breeland, TE.

54 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Got my mouth watering for sure!

1/2 cup soy sauce

1/2 cup cooking sherry

1/4 olive oil

4 cloves garlic

2 Tbls lemon juice

Marinate overnight and cook low and slow over grill, add whatever sauce you like to glaze and enjoy, my boys and I do the Hot Ones challenge, luckily our home has three bathrooms.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I remember Rap posted something like this before the 2018 draft, and we proceeded to move down. Least we know Gutey is open to doing both. Ted was not going to move up on day 1-2. 

Clay was the only one for the first round right?

Just doing some last minute brushing up on the top OT prospects.

I can't recall a draft with so many unbelievable physical specimens. In past drafts you would be lucky to get 2 or 3 elite prospects that are over 6'5 tall. Now we got about 10 of them. We got two OT over 350lbs and they're not fat either, that's absolutely freaking insane.

Since LaFleur was hired I had a close look at the OL types that he likes to have, much of the data is gleaned from Shanahan OL in San Francisco and from their time at Atlanta. There is a clear common theme going on with OL, they like them really tall - i'm talking at least 6'5", weighing anywhere between 305lbs and 320lbs and very mobile, in other words run under 5.20s.  They need to have good feet especially with the running game.

Turner was brought in that fitted that criteria, Jenkins ticked every box except the height requirement. The UDFA and street free agents we brought in, many were over 6'5. We have brought in Ricky Wager who again fitted that critera. The evidence seems to be pointing that way.

Now apply that criteria to the top OL draft prospects and some guys stand out. Andrew Thomas, Austin Jackson, Jedrick Willis, Robert Hunt and Ezra Cleveland are close fits under that criteria but most will probably be gone by the time 30 comes around. 

Clearly this is a good draft for LaFleur's OL. I just have a gut feeling we will trade down and pick up a OT and a WR in the 2nd.

20 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I remember Rap posted something like this before the 2018 draft, and we proceeded to move down. Least we know Gutey is open to doing both. Ted was not going to move up on day 1-2. 

To be fair, we did move "up" in 2018 as well, just from a different starting point after we fleeced the Saints. 

10 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

So you're getting drunk drunk? xD

lol that's the plan

I was going to take tomorrow off and then I find out oh everyone else is already doing that and they need me here so there's one competent person in. Yay. 

I'm the only sucker that's been in every day the last few weeks but with everything going on, I should not complain there.

Edited by Norm

Just now, ThatJerkDave said:

I gotta work tomorrow.  This Thursday night draft thing is Bravo Sierra!

Haha edited my post about work after you quoted and yeah it really is. 

I could still take the day off but I can also come in and slack and get paid so screw it

Edited by Norm

5 minutes ago, Chili said:

Just doing some last minute brushing up on the top OT prospects.

I can't recall a draft with so many unbelievable physical specimens. In past drafts you would be lucky to get 2 or 3 elite prospects that are over 6'5 tall. Now we got about 10 of them. We got two OT over 350lbs and they're not fat either, that's absolutely freaking insane.

Since LaFleur was hired I had a close look at the OL types that he likes to have, much of the data is gleaned from Shanahan OL in San Francisco and from their time at Atlanta. There is a clear common theme going on with OL, they like them really tall - i'm talking at least 6'5", weighing anywhere between 305lbs and 320lbs and very mobile, in other words run under 5.20s.  They need to have good feet especially with the running game.

Turner was brought in that fitted that criteria, Jenkins ticked every box except the height requirement. The UDFA and street free agents we brought in, many were over 6'5. We have brought in Ricky Wager who again fitted that critera. The evidence seems to be pointing that way.

Now apply that criteria to the top OL draft prospects and some guys stand out. Andrew Thomas, Austin Jackson, Jedrick Willis, Robert Hunt and Ezra Cleveland are close fits under that criteria but most will probably be gone by the time 30 comes around. 

Clearly this is a good draft for LaFleur's OL. I just have a gut feeling we will trade down and pick up a OT and a WR in the 2nd.

Everyone is sleeping on Niang.  Don't sleep on Niang.