With the 10th pick, the Browns select OT Jedrick Wills

zelbell

6 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Most tackles aren’t as short as he is. I will be honest, I have left the grunt work on breaking down these tackles to the guys that like the all 22 on them, etc.  I know he is known for being a very good pass blocker. How does his length compare to other tackles? 

Isn't he like 6'4"? I wouldn't be worried about it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Most tackles aren’t as short as he is. I will be honest, I have left the grunt work on breaking down these tackles to the guys that like the all 22 on them, etc.  I know he is known for being a very good pass blocker. How does his length compare to other tackles? 

3 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Isn't he like 6'4"? I wouldn't be worried about it.

He has the same arm length as Trent Williams

• Like 3

Didn't know he was only 20 either.

His technique is really refined.  I would've been happy with any of the top 3 OT's (not including Becton), but Wills is probably the guy we needed the most.  He looks ready right now, and that will be especially important with an abbreviated offseason.

I think you're 1 for 1, Andrew Berry.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ReggieCamp said:

Didn't know he was only 20 either.

His technique is really refined.  I would've been happy with any of the top 3 OT's (not including Becton), but Wills is probably the guy we needed the most.  He looks ready right now, and that will be especially important with an abbreviated offseason.

I think you're 1 for 1, Andrew Berry.

Yep. I was pumped for the pick, then i found out he was 20 lol. Not that it makes an enormous difference, but if Baker lasts here, he's could be set at LT for a decade. 

Edited by nugpimpen

I guess for me if a guy can play, he can play.

How many times did you see a guy miss a block and think “man, if he was just an inch taller he’d have been fine”?

The issue with height for tackles is arm length and the ability to carry the requisite weight needed to anchor in pass pro/move people in the run game while allowing for them to not be obese turds who can’t move. It’s easier to carry 300 pounds well at 6’6 than it is 6’2”.

Wills is just fine physically as it relates to the position.  Long enough arms, 312 pound and moves very well.  

It’s a nonissue.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Jedricks ceiling is a better version of Jason Peters. That’s a really high ceiling too. Peters was a freaking 9x pro bowler.

His size and length concern, but he has elite foot speed and power.

I wouldn’t mind signing Peters for a year 

I don’t want Wills to feel too rushed in this unique offseason 

• Like 1

Just now, brownie man said:

I wouldn’t mind signing Peters for a year 

I don’t want Wills to feel too rushed in this unique offseason 

I think that’s what Hubbard is for.

He doesn’t have to be rushed, but you don’t spend a top 10 pick on a guy to groom them for an entire season imo (other than a qb perhaps).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think that’s what Hubbard is for.

He doesn’t have to be rushed, but you don’t spend a top 10 pick on a guy to groom them for an entire season imo (other than a qb perhaps).

Hubbard shouldn’t be anywhere near the LT spot 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sonny44 said:

Does Joe Thomas have formal paying position with the Browns?

If not, could Joe begin working with Jed off campus?

I can’t believe he doesn’t have some sort of an arrangement with the team, but who knows?

He could probably work with him, but there are plenty of other guys who can as well (like LeChuck Bentley and his OL program for example).