1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

1 hour ago, mikemike778 said:

The danger is he thinks this is his one opportunity to impress so tries to force things and doesn't have the game awareness and understanding of the defence to get away with it. 

In reality, nice safe performance where he doesn't lose us the game would be fine. Just give the others a chance to win it is what is needed.

That is where Lafleur needs to show up.  He needs to get Love into the mindset of playing smart and lean on his teammates.

• Like 2

For me the bar is for Love be reasonably accurate with the throws, and consistently get the ball out on time.  Rodgers is a great QB, but I am not going to to miss his tendency to ignore easier short throws in favor of extending the play looking for the home run.

10 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

For me the bar is for Love be reasonably accurate with the throws, and consistently get the ball out on time.  Rodgers is a great QB, but I am not going to to miss his tendency to ignore easier short throws in favor of extending the play looking for the home run.

My biggest thing is his pocket presence. Don't want to see instances of unawareness that lead to avoidable sacks or fumbles.

• Like 3

This is a great situation for Love.  He gets a doormat defense in a very tough hostile  environment.  This will be great experience for him.  Its very difficult to focus with that type of crowd noise, but he gets a defense that isn't great.  Today, will only help him in his growth.  

3 hours ago, mikemike778 said:

The danger is he thinks this is his one opportunity to impress so tries to force things and doesn't have the game awareness and understanding of the defence to get away with it. 

In reality, nice safe performance where he doesn't lose us the game would be fine. Just give the others a chance to win it is what is needed.

Love seems to be a smart guy. If Lafleur reinforces "hey, just go out there and do what we talked about, you got this, the future will take care of itself." he'll hopefully do fine. 

15 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Conspiracy Brain:  What if Aaron Rodgers went out there and made himself detestable solely so that everybody would be rooting for Jordan Love to succeed?

What if Love tears his ACL today and is out for a year?.  Is Rodgers back next year or do you get a replacement (Bortles?) for the first part of next year?  Gotta plan for the unexpected.

Edited by NFLGURU

21 hours ago, MVP21 said:

So as a baseline of what I think we can expect from Jordan Love on Sunday, here are the 1st career starts for some of the best QBs currently

Rodgers: 18/22 178 yds 1 TD 0 INT

Mahomes: 22/35 284 yds 0 TD 1 INT

Brady: 13/23 163 yds 0 TD 0 INT

Wilson: 18/34 153 yds 1 TD 1 INT

Allen: 18/33 245 yds 1 TD 2 INT
Stafford: 16/37 205 yds 0 TD 3 INT
Dak: 25/45 227 yds 0 TD 0 INT
Lamar: 13/19 150 yds 0 TD 1 INT
Herbert: 22/33 311 yds 1 TD 1 INT
Murray: 29/54 308 yds 2 TD 1 INT
Burrow: 23/36 193 yds 0 TD 1 INT

Averaging out the 1st starts of the above QBs btw comes to an average of 

19.7 completions
33.7 attempts 
220 yards
0.5 TDs
1 INT

It's pretty crazy how he almost nailed this exact stat line today. 

• Like 4