1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

3 minutes ago, VonKarman said:

I want him to sling it. I don't care if he throws a pick, I want a couple wow throws. Chiefs are going to expect short-easy passes, go full Brett Favre on them.

Here's hoping MVS is playing in the game. Need that deep threat back in the offense

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I think I need to go check if AJ Dillon is available in my fantasy league.

I picked him up before all the Rodgers hoo-rah hit the waves. Now I'm seriously debating starting him. Going to wait and see if Adams/MVS is activated.

15 hours ago, VonKarman said:

I want him to sling it. I don't care if he throws a pick, I want a couple wow throws. Chiefs are going to expect short-easy passes, go full Brett Favre on them.

14 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Same here. Let’s see where the kid is at. Call the game like he’s a starting nfl QB.

If by "sling it" you mean within the confines of the offense, such as play action plays, I'm all for it.

Or, if you mean the quick passing game like last game?  Sure.

But if Love has to drop back over and over again while trying to read a defense, he's gonna get into trouble.

22 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

If by "sling it" you mean within the confines of the offense, such as play action plays, I'm all for it.

Or, if you mean the quick passing game like last game?  Sure.

But if Love has to drop back over and over again while trying to read a defense, he's gonna get into trouble.

I just want him challenged some. Don’t throw him out in deep water but also call the offense like you normally would or at least mostly of what you would. He’s probably our starter next year, this is probably a great time to take the training wheels off. 

23 hours ago, Refugee said:

Yep. I notice the Giants pushing the ball on the ground vs. KC, sure coach did too. They’ll sell out to stop the run and then Love will have to show what he’s got. Maybe he has his moment like 12 did in Dal. Doesn’t even have to win, just show he belongs. 

Sink or swim, I hope everyone goes all out in another “nothing to lose” game. 

That, quite literally, is and should be his #1 priority. Plenty of stuff in the media questioning him - now he has a legit opportunity to prove or disprove those reports.

19 hours ago, VonKarman said:

Totally agree. My biggest knock on him is accuracy and he just might have a spectacular opportunity to prove or disprove my criticism...at least for a game.

Quit lowering the bar.  The NFL is about winning.  It's the only thing that matters in this business.

I don't care how he looks as long as he wins the game.  Whether that is running the offense, running for his life or throwing a bomb.  Just win baby.

Quit rationalizing losing.  First round pick.  A full year and a half to learn.  Now win the game.

1 minute ago, Dubz41 said:

Quit lowering the bar.  The NFL is about winning.  It's the only thing that matters in this business.

I don't care how he looks as long as he wins the game.  Whether that is running the offense, running for his life or throwing a bomb.  Just win baby.

Quit rationalizing losing.  First round pick.  A full year and a half to learn.  Now win the game.

I was waiting for a Herm Edwards quote

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Love is going to play so well against the Chiefs that Aaron Rodgers will never take another snap in Green Bay.

That would be hilarious. Imagine if he throws for 500 yds, 6tds. 

I am excited to see what the kid can do. This is a good defense to hopefully make him feel like he belongs.

Edited by Eternal

On 11/3/2021 at 4:25 PM, Chili said:

I picked him up before all the Rodgers hoo-rah hit the waves. Now I'm seriously debating starting him. Going to wait and see if Adams/MVS is activated.

It won't matter.  They are going the run the ball with Dillon and Jones.  Its going to be nickel and dime stuff unless the Chiefs get up big.   He'll probably have a scaled back offense due to inexperience and crowd noise.  The Packers can win this game but don't count on Jordan Love going off.  He'll make some plays here and there to get first downs, but his primary job  will be handing off and dink and dunk stuff, maybe a downfield shot or two.

Edited by NFLGURU

1 hour ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

While I want to see him play as much as anyone, I wouldn't agree that this game is pivotal for him. Important, certainly, but one swallow does not make a summer and one game does not define a QB.

Would that be the bird returning to Capistrano (?) or a gulp of food? :)

• Like 2