1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

2 minutes ago, FAH1223 said:

If we got the play from the 4th quarter for the entire game... Probably a DUB

It was good to see him, and the p.aycalling, come alive. He still tossed up that pick but there was some rhythm there on that drive. When KC got that false start at the end I really wanted to see Love give it a few deep shots but the D couldn’t hold. He will improve but today showed he’s not ready yet.  Coach basically said the same thing this week. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, MVP21 said:

It's pretty crazy how he almost nailed this exact stat line today. 

What is the same - TDS I guess?

Rodgers: 18/22 178 yds 1 TD 0 INT

Love 19/34  190 yds 1 TD 1 Int

rodgers - 8 yards per attempt vs 6 yards per for Love

Rodgers - 81% completion percent vs 56 % for Love

0 int's vs 1 int 

Maybe stretching to try and make today's QB play something it really wasn't?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

0 int's vs 1 int 

If you read to the bottom of the original post you'd see the stat line I was talking about was

"Averaging out the 1st starts of the above QBs btw comes to an average of 

19.7 completions
33.7 attempts 
220 yards
0.5 TDs
1 INT"

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

0 int's vs 1 int 

Tbf, Rodgers had much easier circumstances, Vikings at home versus KC at Arrowhead.

16 minutes ago, MVP21 said:

If you read to the bottom of the original post you'd see the stat line I was talking about was

"Averaging out the 1st starts of the above QBs btw comes to an average of 

19.7 completions
33.7 attempts 
220 yards
0.5 TDs
1 INT"

As a side note, Rodgers first start didn't come until his 4th year after a few opportunities to play in games in year 1-3. This was Love's first time under center in a game other than garbage time in NOLA week 1. 

Rough, but growth during the game which was encouraging. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Tbf, Rodgers had much easier circumstances, Vikings at home versus KC at Arrowhead.

Was the Vikes defense allowing 28 points per game like this Chiefs defense prior to the game?

edit* duh, that was a week one game

Edited by n8ghee

1 minute ago, n8ghee said:

Was the Vikes defense allowing 28 points per game like this Chiefs defense prior to the game?

That defense has Frank Clark, Chris Jones and Tyrann Matthieu, it just has blitz happy defensive coordinator that gets picked apart by vet QBs. This was a perfect matchup for it if your coach thinks he can block it all up and 5-7 step drop. 

Just now, n8ghee said:

Doesn't really matter. The elements are more important than the defense when you're talking about a QB in his first start. Quiet crowd would have made some difference. 

And again, Love's performance isn't even the real issue here. It's his performance + already having Rodgers. Love's performance wasn't bad but it also sure as hell wasn't good enough to allow any rational GM to say "okay, I'm good with trading 12 now." I mean to me that's laughable to even argue.

• Like 2

Just now, packfanfb said:

Doesn't really matter. The elements are more important than the defense when you're talking about a QB in his first start. Quiet crowd would have made some difference. 

And again, Love's performance isn't even the real issue here. It's his performance + already having Rodgers. Love's performance wasn't bad but it also sure as hell wasn't good enough to allow any rational GM to say "okay, I'm good with trading 12 now." I mean to me that's laughable to even argue.

Whether or not we trade Rodgers won't be our choice.

Not so sure.  12 wants to stay.  He's said as much on multiple occasions.  Love's poor performance can actually play in our favor.  Rodgers feels less threatened.  Also Love's value just took a big hit.  We might be able to re-sign Love for back up money and keep him around until Rodgers retires.  It's up to Gute IMO.  Whether or not we can get him done and manage the cap is the question.  We won't be able to bring both DaVante and Rodgers back tho.  That's the sucky part.