1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

6 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I'll check it out. I need some good news.

For me, I’m not in love with his play but can see why they picked him. His touch is not something everyone has. How his tools translate but be interesting.

Basically, I feel he’s Dalton with a better arm. Not a world beater but a pretty good option. 

8 minutes ago, SSG said:

Kizer absolutely was not drafted to be a lottery pick.  He's a guy the front office loved and moved to get him.  He's a very similar prospect to love.  How many thousands of times did we here "ignore his last year at school".  We're going to be told the same thing about Love's 2019 season which bordered on awful.

You trashed Rodgers in every game.  Every drop was the result of a bad throw or "him being terrible with his pre snap adjustments".  I'm not arguing with you about your agenda.  You trashed him relentlessly weekly despite his play on the field.  EVERYTHING was his fault and his fault alone.

Deshon Kizer wasn't drafted by the Packers you dumbass. 

What did you expect the front office to say? He sucks. We know he sucks. We had to take on his deal to get rid of a malcontent. 

Love's 2019 only borders on awful if you just box score scout. You talk all the time about a ****ty receiving cast, dude, that USU was a ****ty receiving cast. They replaced the entire damn thing. 

Every drop was not the result of a bad throw. There were plenty of problems with our receivers last year. But problems with a 30 million dollar QB are a lot more damning than problems with a 1 million dollar WR. 

He deserved to get trashed weekly the second half of the season. He had a bottom 5 passer rating in the entire league starting the game Adams came back from injury. He was ******* trash. 

He had one good game in the playoffs against the 22nd ranked defense in the league in points per game, and then immediately went back to being trash against a real defense. He was worse than the run defense when the game still mattered. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

It would affect his stats positively if that happened, because we have the league's worst supporting cast.

@SSG

Okay.  Losing Adams, Jones, Jenkins, Linsley etc.   Yep - probably better off.   

That's a poorly thought out response.  Put the drink down and respond in the morning.

1 minute ago, rthom348 said:

Impossible to say what impact they'd have. But I'd rather give a guy a chance to have a positive (or negative) impact rather than draft someone with our first pick who ideally won't see the field for a few years. Common sense my guy

Rodgers sat with no impact for 3 years. Guess we should've taken a WR for Brett.

• Like 2

Lily Zhao -  Packers Gutekunst said he wasn't going to give Matt LaFleur "a player he didn't want." Said again Jordan Love wasn't the pick they anticipated, but he fell to them. Said the balance between improving your ball club now and into the future was "put into consideration."

5 minutes ago, Iskra said:

I'm making the argument based on what is he going to do this year, or next year. I'm banking on the answer to that being next to nothing. We won 13 games last year with that "scrub" QB. This is not a "rebuilding" year, pandemic or not.

It's not a rebuilding year. We don't do rebuilding years. 

This organization's mindset hasn't changed in 20 damn seasons. We do not go all in. We stay conservative and build for the long term. 

1 hour ago, Green19 said:

Philly says hold my beer.

Jalen Reagor was a good pick lol. Not as good of a pick as trading up for Lamb would have been, that's the real travesty. But Reagor has phenomenal potential.

Edited by Danger

There is no reason to treat Rodgers like the old man in the room. The majority of the naysayers on this forum are living in the bubble of 30 years with Hall of Fame QBs at the helm. Ask the Cowboys or the 49ers how living in that fantasy world works out in the long term. If Rodgers has "slipped" in 2020, it's to a position that is still worthy of a #1 pick. It's near insanity to think otherwise.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Lily Zhao -  Packers Gutekunst said he wasn't going to give Matt LaFleur "a player he didn't want." Said again Jordan Love wasn't the pick they anticipated, but he fell to them. Said the balance between improving your ball club now and into the future was "put into consideration."

It's entirely plausible that Love was literally the last player the Packers had a first round grade on, and the last few went right before #26.  One would generally expect an NFL team to take a player if they have a tier lean on him.

There are 32 players who go in the first round every year.  But an NFL team almost never has 32 players that they'd be happy to take in the first round.

Edited by PossibleCabbage