1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

6 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

Come on Bullet, that’s a BS answer. Give me a name of a better pick if the Love pick was so bad. This, “well I don’t know who’s better but he’s a bad pick” makes for a bad argument. Who?

That's not true at all. How does offering a substitute option change the fact that I hate Love as a prospect? It's not an exaggeration to say I would've preferred pretty much anyone we could have expected in that spot other than him. If you want names I just gave them. Give me Queen or Jones or trade down. Don't trade up and then take a project a year after we made Rodgers the richest QB ever at the time.

21 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Not gonna lie! I didn't know! I started reading about the kid and watching him. Thought he was the modern day QB and with some coaching up which he needs he might be a steal. 

I remember in 2005 when Tennessee passed on Rodgers I called my brother and told him he was sliding to us and we were taking him. He laughed. Haven't had a feeling like that since about end of March on Love. No insight other than a hunch. 

I had no knowledge of this happening but the timing seemed right if he were to fall. NO Nostradamus moment, pretty much luck to be honest! 

Nah, I skimmed your thread and must say you had quite the Nostradamus moment as you were as high on Love as apparently MLF is ... are you giving his father golfing tips over there in MIchigan or what?

Great call and I hope Love turns out as well for the Pack as your Rodgers hunch did.

Edited by TheOnlyThing

Just now, TheOnlyThing said:

Nah, I skimmed your thread and must say you had quite the Nostradamus moment as you were as high on Love as apparently MLF is ... are you giving his father golfing tips over there in MIchigan or what?

Great call and I hope Love turns out as well for the Pack as your Rodgers hunch did.

Thanks but no insights other than a hunch. They don't live to far from me, but no, I do not know them. 

Just luck, plain and simple! 

@Bullet Club  I’m not sure what you’re seeing in that Michigan St game to come away with a feeling that Love is terrible. 

If you consider him terrible based on that, not sure what QB prospect would make you happy. 

I don’t mind guys not liking the pick, but he’s not a terrible player or QB prospect. There’s plenty of terrible QB’s in college football. Love is not that. 

Edited by dcerb44
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, YaddaHolla said:

I love Pat but I’m not taking QB advice from a ******* punter. Also anyone who takes just a number and uses it to base an opinion on is an idiot. There’s always circumstances behind a number ESPECIALLY for INTs. Rodgers only threw what, 2 last season? And he was still a shell of himself. 

That's why what Jordan Palmer says is the interesting stuff! Pat is thinking and saying what many folk are at the moment that why go for a guy that threw 17 picks.

This is another interesting segment from Jordan Palmer

20 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Listen to last 3 minutes of this. Jordan Palmer talking about J Love. Pat is saying 17 picks this guy is going to be in the Arena League. Palmer explains the context of those picks and why he is convinced J Love is worth a top 10 pick. At the beinning of the segment Palmer talks about the amount of work he does with college QBs, he sounds like he knows his onions.

good listen! Came away thinking I could be friends with him. Seems like a good dude. (Palmer, I mean)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I edited my post on the underthrow because after thinking about it I realized that was more of a whiff then anything. Not a sure pick.

Strawman.

It's an out route that he gets away with by an inch because he has a strong arm. Probably within the first 5 mins.

He wasn't late at the end (meant late in the game, probably poor wording on my part), he was off on multiple throws. He did make a lot of nice throws in that game, including one slant late (assuming 11:40 is it), a sweet rollout early and a few shots throughout but that game is littered with bad misses too. Like I said, not going to rewatch it again but they won't be hard to find if you want to. 

That, is part of what makes him special. The touch pass on the run early you mentioned, that’s a hard pass to complete. Most QB’s can’t do that at that distance. Not even in the NFL  

Sometimes a miss can be the WR’s fault too. Ex: timing route where the WR doesn’t get a clean release. Some could have been back shoulder throws down the sideline that the WR didn’t make a good play on either. 

I feel you don’t like the player because you don’t like the position; that’s fine and I can understand and respect that. However, I feel that may be clouding your judgement on Love’s potential. That’s fine too, none of us knows how it will play out. 

I’ll save you the trouble naming another player too. Other than maybe Queen and Jones, anyone you can name as an alternative at 30 Or a very similar guy has a reasonable chance to be there at 62.  The chance to get your next franchise QB (IF you believe it’s him) greatly outweighs rolling the dice on a guy or very similar guy you can get a round later. That just where I stand on the pick. 

7 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Every single player on that LSU offense will be drafted. Every. single. one. Their OC was the hottest NFL OC on the market this offseason. Their coach is a Louisiana legend.

There won't be a single player on that USU team that gets invited to an NFL camp. The coaching staff is a bunch of retread mediocre college guys.

Jordan Love led the NCAA in picks last year because he had the mindset that the team would only go as far as he tried to carry it, and thus took risks. Not the mindset you want any singular player to take, but he wasn't wrong. Comparing Burrows situation with Love's is downright unfair. 

So what?  IF Love was the elite, franchise QB people are making him out to new he shouldn't need to be surronded with 10 first round picks. Isn't that what we're saying ab out rodhgers?  He makes a lot of money so he should be able to play at an elite level with undrafted free agents and vet minimum free agents? 

Love lead lead FBS in INTs because of nnpiss poor decision making and struggles to read defenses.  To blame the supporting cast open all those INTs is chicken ****.  Thats just making excuses for a guy because he's a Packer.  If the Vikings would have made the move you better damn well believe he'd be being held accountable for all those INTs.  But again, I understand accountability isn't a strong point for some.  Look no further than "Aaron Rodgers is the offense's only problem" crowd.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

That's not true at all. How does offering a substitute option change the fact that I hate Love as a prospect? It's not an exaggeration to say I would've preferred pretty much anyone we could have expected in that spot other than him. If you want names I just gave them. Give me Queen or Jones or trade down. Don't trade up and then take a project a year after we made Rodgers the richest QB ever at the time.

I won’t go too deep since I just replied. Like I said Jones is a project too And I could get with that pick too. I like Queen too, but the Packers never take ILB high in the draft. Not in this scheme, the last scheme or maybe the one before. You have to go all the way back to AJ Hawk and that didn’t work too well... because we changed schemes. 

That’s it, too many schemes for one take. 

21 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

you can still love him! Maybe we get both

Prayers up!

18 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

Heres my point with the Love pick. Mims could still be there at 62. Seriously, he could. Was he a lock 1st round pick, because most out there felt Love was. Heck, compared to a couple months ago, he fell in this draft. 

Im not really mad even. I understand it. Just not the direction I'd have personally gone. Cant win em all.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

That's why what Jordan Palmer says is the interesting stuff! Pat is thinking and saying what many folk are at the moment that why go for a guy that threw 17 picks.

This is another interesting segment from Jordan Palmer

The Chris Ballard segment was also quite good.

2 minutes ago, dcerb44 said:

@Bullet Club  I’m not sure what you’re seeing in that Michigan St game to come away with a feeling that Love is terrible. 

If you consider him terrible based on that, not sure what QB prospect would make you happy. 

I don’t mind guys not liking the pick, but he’s not a terrible player or QB prospect. There’s plenty of terrible QB’s in college football. Love is not that. 

I'm not saying he's terrible because of the Michigan St. game. I've said it's good film. He has some dimes that game. There are less instances of him throwing late that game. I've also said that you see the same issues that terrify me about Love as prospect. You can't watch that film and not see numerous poor misses. I feel like I have to say this because I've been going down this road for 80 pages now and nothing has changed:

I understand why you guys like him. Please try and understand why I don't. Guys with his ball placement inconsistencies rarely succeed in the NFL. He has a bad habit of throwing off his back foot. He's late on reads too much and gets away with it because he has a super arm and college teams can't take advantage of it. Yes, his Michigan St. film is nice. He has a lot more that is far worse. You can't just watch one game or a highlight reel and decide he's awesome. Especially when it's not the norm.

3 minutes ago, SSG said:

Love lead lead FBS in INTs because of nnpiss poor decision making and struggles to read defenses.  To blame the supporting cast open all those INTs is chicken ****.  Thats just making excuses for a guy because he's a Packer.  If the Vikings would have made the move you better damn well believe he'd be being held accountable for all those INTs.  But again, I understand accountability isn't a strong point for some.  Look no further than "Aaron Rodgers is the offense's only problem" crowd.  

Go break down his INTs.  Please do.  You're box score scouting, and it's painfully obvious.

8 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

That, is part of what makes him special. The touch pass on the run early you mentioned, that’s a hard pass to complete. Most QB’s can’t do that at that distance. Not even in the NFL  

Sometimes a miss can be the WR’s fault too. Ex: timing route where the WR doesn’t get a clean release. Some could have been back shoulder throws down the sideline that the WR didn’t make a good play on either. 

I feel you don’t like the player because you don’t like the position; that’s fine and I can understand and respect that. However, I feel that may be clouding your judgement on Love’s potential. That’s fine too, none of us knows how it will play out. 

I’ll save you the trouble naming another player too. Other than maybe Queen and Jones, anyone you can name as an alternative at 30 Or a very similar guy has a reasonable chance to be there at 62.  The chance to get your next franchise QB (IF you believe it’s him) greatly outweighs rolling the dice on a guy or very similar guy you can get a round later. That just where I stand on the pick. 

I won't pretend I don't like the position but I can get over that, I really really don't like the player. 

• Like 1