1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

1 minute ago, Swampbilly said:

TD, First, Check down is typically the order yes, but when the QB is consistently trying to make the hardest throw in every play, and sometimes miss reading the defense.....that’s something that brings up questions to me

Half the damn plays you called him out on ended in completions. This isn't a situation where he's throwing into double coverage. 

9 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Which is an entirely different mindset than you look at tape when scouting a player to draft. 

Touchdown, first down, checkdown is the order for a reason. You're not busting on a player for "missing" the slant if he's throwing the vert. That's dumb.

You can claim it’s dumb, but I know better.  When a QB is constsnetly attempting the hardest throw in the play design, and missing on it, and not taking the higher percentage throws and doesn’t clearly understand when his Receiver has positional leverage against the defender it’s a concern.

I get it you like the pick and you feel that I’m trying to bash it.  I’m not here to flame you, just to check Pack Fans temperature on the pick.  I’m pretty sure I got the overall temperature on it.  I’ll bounce out and wish you guys luck on the 2020 season, and maybe I’ll make it up that way one day for the board meetings that I get tickets to every year.  I hear the cheese is great!!

3 minutes ago, Swampbilly said:

You can claim it’s dumb, but I know better.  When a QB is constsnetly attempting the hardest throw in the play design, and missing on it, and not taking the higher percentage throws and doesn’t clearly understand when his Receiver has positional leverage against the defender it’s a concern.

I get it you like the pick and you feel that I’m trying to bash it.  I’m not here to flame you, just to check Pack Fans temperature on the pick.  I’m pretty sure I got the overall temperature on it.  I’ll bounce out and wish you guys luck on the 2020 season, and maybe I’ll make it up that way one day for the board meetings that I get tickets to every year.  I hear the cheese is great!!

Except he wasn't consistently missing on it. So the rest of the observation is pointless. 

I am shocked by this.  I just don't get it.  You don't sit a rookie QB more than a year.  The whole point of the rookie contracts is to maximize their play why they are affordable.  

Maybe when Tua gets hurt in a year you can trade Rodgers to Miami for future picks. 

Rodgers certainly is going to look average if you continue to refuse to give him weapons.

Edited by offbyone

I haven't saw or read any other analysis of this trade, but I like this.  The Packers just made it to the NFC Championship game and they move up for a player who can't even contribute to trying to progress this season, so I get why people would be upset.  However, Rodgers will be 37 years of age towards the end of this upcoming season.  Jordan Love needs a lot of work, but he has a ton of talent.  He'll have plenty of time to get ready to play without having any pressure to be the starter for at least the next two years.

I think this is really good.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mikemike778 said:

Not going to lie ...  pretty much a nightmare scenario for me. Using a 1st on Love was bad enough but giving up a 4th rips out the middle of our draft as well.

Just think of it as giving up Carl Bradford... makes it easier. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Fox_NFLs_GG said:

Well it has leaked out that the Pats were trying to trade up to get Love, and called the Packers to try to workout a deal.

I don't believe this. Why didn't they just take him at 23 then instead of trading out?