1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Patriots called the Packers looking to trade back. 

Packers said, "Not interested, but thanks" and then immediately got on the phone and traded up. 

I don't really understand/follow. Are you saying that you think the Patriots were gauging GBs interest in trading up for Love and were fooled by our apparent disinterest?

Just now, incognito_man said:

I don't really understand/follow. Are you saying that you think the Patriots were gauging GBs interest in trading up for Love and were fooled by our apparent disinterest?

If we assume that the Patriots overplayed their hand trying to still get Love while trading back, the Packers took the call and guessed they wanted Love, and then traded up to get him before the Patriots could on their tradeback.

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

If we assume that the Patriots overplayed their hand trying to still get Love while trading back, the Packers took the call and guessed they wanted Love, and then traded up to get him before the Patriots could on their tradeback.

got it - just wasn't sure what you meant

Just now, cannondale said:

I've been wanting a DL for the last 2 drafts

Was there a decent DL on the board when our picks came up?  I don't follow college football enough to know more than a handful of these kids every year.

8 hours ago, sshle_ said:

If the Packers were to develop Love, would you trade him for the first overall pick?

If we can develop Love into a fine QB why would you give up on him unless you can get a clone of a Chase Young?  Yes, we extended AR but he is getting a little long in the tooth.

3 minutes ago, Pugger said:

If we can develop Love into a fine QB why would you give up on him unless you can get a clone of a Chase Young?  Yes, we extended AR but he is getting a little long in the tooth.

It's the "get a re-do" theory.