1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

I think Love would be battling for 4/5 in this class.

Lawrence is clearly 1. I still think Wilson would be 2, but I would admit given the likely location he is going to and his meteoric raise he has the highest bust factor. I think Fields would be 3. Then I think Trey and Jordan would be battling for 4/5. Honestly I could see Fields, Trey, Jordan being all mixed up as 3/4/5 for most teams. Some might have Love at 3... others 5.

I would say Mac Jones is 6, because he is more limited than the others. But it only takes 1 to like him more than the others right?

Edited by Green19

16 minutes ago, dust247 said:

Would you trade pick 142 and Love to Washington for the 19th overall pick?

I probably would.  There are Jordan Love caliber prospects in every draft.  The window for this team is rapidly closing and adding a top 20 pick would go a long way towards fixing an immediate hole thus extending the championship window.

We've got a MVP caliber QB, who would be extremely expensive to get rid of, that's still under contract for 3 years.  I don't think it's very likely that we're going to strike gold again like we did with AR12 when he sat behind Favre for 4 years.  Heck, even Green Bay didn't know what they had given they way they hedged their bet on AR12 with the selection of Brian Brohm high in the 2nd round. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, dust247 said:

Yep.

I’m actually more excited for the possibility of trading one of Love/Rodgers this draft than who we might draft.

If we trade Love, great!  We get a first round pick for someone we’re probably convinced isn’t who we thought they were.

If we trade Rodgers, great!  We’re getting a haul of picks, 3-4 years with a QB we think is special on a rookie contract.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, dust247 said:

Depends on what the board looks like at the time of the pick.    Probably would, but that would also mean having missed on the opportunity to push the Rodgers contract dead money out further and go after some other/better FA.  That window has mostly passed

34 minutes ago, FAH1223 said:

One thing I like about this kid, is he's not too active on social media and gives the most bland answers when he's on camera doing the rare interview since being drafted. 

The man, the mystery 

I agree.  I think it's definitely part of his low key nature but he's also smart enough to realize any thing he says will be used against him in the court of public opinion.  I appreciate those qualities about him. I hope he lets his game do some talking this summer.

3 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

It would be really amusing if Love runs this offense better than Rodgers.  Not that Love could (right now) play hero ball like AR, but Rodgers had a lot of wide open guys to throw to last year.

I mentioned something like this earlier. Love might be able to execute MLF's schemes just fine. nobody will know till he does it - but its a scheme that gets guys open.

Tonyan didnt have the success he did because he's a physical freak or AR was making tough throws to him. It was scheme.

6 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

It would be really amusing if Love runs this offense better than Rodgers.  Not that Love could (right now) play hero ball like AR, but Rodgers had a lot of wide open guys to throw to last year.

Not sure that's all that likely.  The last time we seen Love throw that ball he was an absolute train wreck.  You don't lead FBS in turnover worthy plays against that horrid competition without MAJOR flaws to your game.  He's a Deshone Kizer caliber of prospect with Deshone Kizer caliber of holes in his game.  Hopefully we do a better job at fixing Love than we did Kizer.

Maybe I'm wrong though.  Maybe for the first time ever we see a guy go from 3rd staring to All pro without 1 single second of NFL experience.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SSG said:

Not sure that's all that likely.  The last time we seen Love throw that ball he was an absolute train wreck.  You don't lead FBS in turnover worthy plays against that horrid competition without MAJOR flaws to your game.  He's a Deshone Kizer caliber of prospect with Deshone Kizer caliber of holes in his game.  Hopefully we do a better job at fixing Love than we did Kizer.

Or he's a talented QB who forced the issue.  Calling him a DeShone Kizer-caliber prospect is an awful, awful take.

• Like 4