Draft Day Thread: Day 2

MrOaktown_56

Just now, massraider said:

Ahh.  Here's the difference. I think only Ruggs and Renfrow are gonna be part of any solution, long term. Every other guy there is replaceable. Zay? Agholor? I mean, who cares?

Long term? Sure. But Gruden has been known to prefer veteran players and we currently have 4 veterans (including Renfrow) that have put up 600+ yards in a season. Does a rookie third round pick automatically beat out Jones or Agholor? Probably not. So then the pick would be because you're projecting he can be a starter in year 2 replacing Williams. Which again, I don't personally think is likely. 

I do like Bryan Edwards as a potential pick at #91 if we're going to go that route though. 

• Like 1

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

Awesome for the Bears.

We'll finally know all of the details of the Mack trade. As of now we've received Josh Jacobs and Damon Arnette. Will be interesting to see who they pick at #43. And also interesting to note that had we kept #43 we likely would've been able to take Arnette there while using #19 on another player. 

• Like 1

Just now, NYRaider said:

We'll finally know all of the details of the Mack trade. As of now we've received Josh Jacobs and Damon Arnette. Will be interesting to see who they pick at #43. And also interesting to note that had we kept #43 we likely would've been able to take Arnette there while using #19 on another player. 

Also saved a - ton of money and were able to add a number of big FAs wth it. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Awesome for the Bears.

That makes last night sting a bit. I don't absolutely hate the Arnette pick, but man I sure wish we could've traded back from 12 or 19 with who we wound up with. One of Lamb, Jeudy, or Ruggs would've almost assuredly been available at 19. One of our 1st rounders for something that could get us 2 second rounders could arguably still have had us with Ruggs and Arnette + someone else who was arguably a 1st rounder. Not having a 2nd sucks this year, and I'm not too wild about giving up picks to move up right now, given some of our depth needs. 

Hopefully we can move Gabe and stack up some extra ammo, because whoever that anonymous director is, he's on the money with that. 

Edited by ronjon1990

Excited for a day 2 mike mayock special. No clear needs on this team anymore. It's time for some serious talent influx.

My hope: 

we trade up for a 1st round type of talent that drops (e.g. Delpit, Mckinney, one of the DTs like blacklock, another CB) and trade our other 3rd back to acquire other mid-late round picks.

5 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Excited for a day 2 mike mayock special. No clear needs on this team anymore. It's time for some serious talent influx.

My hope: 

we trade up for a 1st round type of talent that drops (e.g. Delpit, Mckinney, one of the DTs like blacklock, another CB) and trade our other 3rd back to acquire other mid-late round picks.

The highest we can get is around 50 i think

• Like 1

I would really like to see the Raiders be aggressive with a trade up. Like Oakltown mentioned no clear needs anymore. I would really love Pittman or even Mims on a trade-up because I do want more offensive weapons. But a McKinney or Delpit trade up would be worth it as well. I don't see them drafting another CB. If they like Hurts go up and get him. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Geezy said:

the thing about trading back is you need a partner and moving back only works if you can still get your guy. If not, then just take your guy.

CHI, BAL, and MIA all have two 2nd round picks 50, 55, and 56 one of the could be willing for two of our 3rds which is pretty close in value.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

And all the players we signed with that extra 24 mill per year.

7 minutes ago, Geezy said:

most pressing need right now is RB. Need someone to spell Jacobs and allow the offense to hum along with Jacobs off the field. I feel a good one will drop to 80. Akers or Moss. If not take Dillon later. 

give me Moss, Akers, or Gibson.... or wait until Day 3