The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, true2form said:

Carr detractors, defense was respectable.

Also, defense hasn't been respectable since the first time Gruden was here.

We can both play this game. Knock it off.

Sir please watch the 2017 games again Mack and co bailed carr out so many dam times I mean so far only the kc game 7 the defense let up over 20 points so far

11 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

What about 2017

we started out 2-0

carr was on fire 5tds-0ints

then the Washington redskins game happened

i invite y’all to watch that game

we had weapons

defense was respectable 

carr throws a pick on his first pass then you see the classic carr “deer in headlights “ look 

I gotta watch week 4 from 2017

but that looked like the end of carr throwing to wrs

his quick throw game got exposed 

My guy, I'm not even excusing him for that season even with Todd Downing wrecking the offense and recovering from a fractured vertebra. 

But people are genuinely pinning that W/L record of Carr's like it's actually all on him. Especially with the two seasons I highlighted.

53 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

My guy, I'm not even excusing him for that season even with Todd Downing wrecking the offense and recovering from a fractured vertebra. 

But people are genuinely pinning that W/L record of Carr's like it's actually all on him. Especially with the two seasons I highlighted.

People blame downing but his offense looks similar to all of Carr’s oc’s. 

imo carr loves the quick passing game he wants that ball out in under 2 seconds. Imo oc’s tailor their gameplay to carrs strengths which is the quick pass which imo is also why he has low yards per pass average. In the Washington 2017 the announcers were saying they figured carr out if you have your cb’s play a little off the wr cause carr rarely throws past 10 yards it allows the cbs to break on carrs passes very easily. They even highlighted carrs insane quick release stats. 

as a cb carr makes your life easy because you rarely have to cover your guy more than 2 seconds.

i agree 2017 was a wash especially after the back injury. But that’s why I wanted to watch the 2017 season I wanted to see how carr responded after injury and carr showed guts vs kc in week 7. Ultimate props to him in that game. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

And wasnt Marshawn like the 2nd or 3rd leading rusher over the 2nd half of 2017. He was not a downgrade to what we had the year before in Murray.

The 2017 offense had just as if not more talent then the 2016 offense. Todd Downing gets the majority of the blame for that disaster but that was probably the worst year of Carr's career, with all things considered.

Agreed. 2017 team was a reload from the 2016 as we were supposed to be super bowl contenders. Del Rio got fired due to the team underachieving 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

Agreed. 2017 team was a reload from the 2016 as we were supposed to be super bowl contenders. Del Rio got fired due to the team underachieving 

they kept the same OL, swapped murray for lynch (Lynch was a better runner, lateral move at worst), and swapped Walford for Jared Cook. the defense was never going to be good (doesnt help that both conley and melifonwu, our first 2 picks, couldnt stay on the field), but the offense was supposed to carry like they did in 2016

gritty win to open against the titans, and then the blowout game over the jets when downing was the talk of town. everything came to a screeching halt when we got our **** pushed in by the redskins.

Carr's back injury was an excuse for a week or two, then the big win against KC was supposed to be the turning point. we then had some token wins against cutler's dolphins, lynch's broncos, and geno's giants. we couldnt beat anybody real.

at the time i still thought JDR's firing was premature but it was because Mark had his sights set on Gruden

Edited by Turnobili
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Sir please watch the 2017 games again Mack and co bailed carr out so many dam times I mean so far only the kc game 7 the defense let up over 20 points so far

Yes Mack actually won 3 or 4 games by himself, Why because the lack of scoring in the 2nd half of games.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Amari Cooper in 2019 - 7th most yards for WR, 8TDs

Jared Cook in 2019 - 8th most yards for a TE, 9Tds

Yup straight trash homie. 

You favorite thing to do is belittle any and all non Carr players. I wonder if Carr has ever played with a good player in his career, acoording to you.

In Cook's prior 9 seasons he averaged...  39/507/2.  Slap a yellow jacket on the guy LOL  What planet do you live on?

Let me guess you're one of the guys who thinks Cooper is an elite top 10 WR who is deserving of his 20 million per season and not just a guy who can have success as a complimentary piece...  Hahahah

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

In Cook's prior 9 seasons he averaged...  39/507/2.  Slap a yellow jacket on the guy LOL  What planet do you live on.

Let me guess you're one of the guys who thinks Cooper is an elite top 10 WR who is deserving of his 20 million per season...  Hahahah

You just sat there and cried that Carr had nobody to throw to in 2017 when the numbers show that both Cooper and Cook have produced like top ten players at their respective positions the following two seasons. (Coop since he's been in Dallas has statistically been a top 10 WR) Not too bad for "straight garbage" 

No, i don't believe Coop to be elite or worth 20 mill. I won't let you turn this into a Cooper discussion either i know you'd love that. Just pointing out stats to combat your constant non-Carr belittling routine you do. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, true2form said:

Carr detractors, defense was respectable.

Also, defense hasn't been respectable since the first time Gruden was here.

We can both play this game. Knock it off.

Actually no you can't not even close.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

You just sat there and cried that Carr had nobody to throw to in 2017 when the numbers show that both Cooper and Cook have produced like top ten players at their respective positions the following two seasons. (Coop since he's been in Dallas has statistically been a top 10 WR) Not too bad for "straight garbage" 

No, i don't believe Coop to be elite or worth 20 mill. I won't let you turn this into a Cooper discussion either i know you'd love that. Just pointing out stats to combat your constant non-Carr belittling routine you do. 

I find it amusing how you want to cherry pick a seasons worth of stats to call a player good.  Cook has shown to be an average player throughout his career and had a below average season in 2017 (688/2) and had a good 2018 season because the rest of our WR's and O weapons were garbage.  He was the best receiving option on a team that was completely devoid of talent.  

Cooper is a number 2 and a complimentary piece, that is a fact.  He can never get the job done being the only reciving weapon on a team.  He has proven to be soft adn have questionable hands. 

That is like trying to argue James Jones as number 1 WR.  Technically he was a number 1 here and had 14 TD's in GB (2012) but anyone who watches football knows he is a 3rd or 4th WR option on the majority of teams.  Give me a break....

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

5 hours ago, Turnobili said:

they kept the same OL, swapped murray for lynch (Lynch was a better runner, lateral move at worst), and swapped Walford for Jared Cook. the defense was never going to be good (doesnt help that both conley and melifonwu, our first 2 picks, couldnt stay on the field), but the offense was supposed to carry like they did in 2016

gritty win to open against the titans, and then the blowout game over the jets when downing was the talk of town. everything came to a screeching halt when we got our **** pushed in by the redskins.

Carr's back injury was an excuse for a week or two, then the big win against KC was supposed to be the turning point. we then had some token wins against cutler's dolphins, lynch's broncos, and geno's giants. we couldnt beat anybody real.

at the time i still thought JDR's firing was premature but it was because Mark had his sights set on Gruden

And a new OC

9 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Well that's just downright false with 27 to the skins and 30 to the Ravens. What? 

I know Mack closed out a lot of games for us when he was here and we all loved him for it, but there's a big difference between sealing a 31-30 type game and being a good defense. If they were respectable, they wouldn't give up 30 to begin with.