The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

Wasn't there a $100k settlement offer leaked that one of the plaintiffs rejected?

Supposedly yeah. I can't recall whether it was legitimate or not, and the "terms" were murky. 

That said, I remember thinking it was a bad look. Sort of takes the "it's just about the money" part off the table. 

Settlements are usually pretty routine for purely civil cases, and sort of the same for civil cases related to cut-and-dry criminal ones (ie: someone freaks out and burns your house down). When a settlement gets rejected in a civil case tied to a murky criminal one, my ears perk up. Most plaintiffs seeking compensation usually prefer getting it over with. Rejected settlements tend to trend towards someone feeling wronged in a way you can't just buy off, and that's usually fairly telling because they also usually know (are told by their attorney) that they're likely in an all-or-nothing scenario at that point. Someone willing to take nothing usually has a legitimate complaint. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

All of it really. No doubt stability at coaching would have benefited Carr early on. Then consistency putting a roster together would have surely helped. 

Aside from that brief Cleveland-era, I can't think of a team that did less with more resources in the draft than the Raiders from 2018 - 2021.

In that span, probably nobody. But I'd say Miami is one that recently underwhelmed quite a bit considering the fire sale they had and the crazy amount of draft capital they wound up with a few times. They got some pieces, but the on the whole...meh, they're still a distant 3rd in the division. 

2 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

Wasn't there a $100k settlement offer leaked that one of the plaintiffs rejected?

From my understanding he had settlements with like 18 of the 22 plantiffs. The other 4 not settling basically canceled it. He was trying hard to settle before the trade deadline. If he had got it done the dolphins trade would have went through.  

37 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If Carr wants to go somewhere he feels he can win now rather than play here, trade him.

The dominoes are going to start falling fast once we hire a GM. The head coach hire will follow shortly thereafter. Then we’ll see the Coordinator and position coach hires. Then, Carr’s future as a Raider. Then our FA strategy. Then our draft. 

Most of those items will all need to happen prior to FA in early March. 

Buckle up fellas. It’s gonna be a wild ride! 

Edited by jpaulthe1st
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

The dominoes are going to start falling fast once we hire a GM. The head coach hire will follow shortly thereafter. Then we’ll see the Coordinator and position coach hires. Then, Carr’s future as a Raider. Then our FA strategy. Then our draft. 

Most of those items will all need to happen prior to FA in early March. 

Buckle up fellas. It’s gonna be a wild ride! 

This should be one of the funnest / most exciting offseason's that we've had in a while. A new GM/HC that will have a ton of roster flexibility, a solid amount of cap space, and all of our draft capital. We have to make decisions on key guys like Waller and Carr, so our team could potentially look completely different next year.

I just saw a trade (mock) on bleacher report I think it was. Asking what would happen if the Giants offered Jones number 5 overall this yr. A second this year and a first next year for Carr. I'm like wow I'd really have to think on that for a few minutes. Then do the trade. I mean yeah Jones hasn't been good. But he may very well flourish in the new system. Not to mention that is a ton of draft loot that could be turned into even more with some trades. If he still sucks. Use 2 or 3 picks in next year's draft and get "your" guy. Then you have a really good backup in Jones.

Edited by BigD1123