UDFA showcase showdown 2020 (MNF)

FinneasGage

12 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

We're going to be bringing in another vet WR.

Feels like they should go sign (on Monday, when the comp pick thing expires)- a vet swing tackle (Veldheer?), Tramon, a Vet WR, and maybe a vet DL.

Taylor Gabriel or Rashard Higgins makes some sense and won't be super expensive.

Edited by PossibleCabbage

17 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Try and sugarcoat it however makes you feel better. Our draft was terrible. I was happy with the QB, then not again until round 5. Graded by most as the worst draft of any team. 

Based on the draft sources I was following I think our draft sucked.  It looks like we reached for a vast majority of our picks.  We'll see if the Packers have found the right fits for their system ... if they have then this draft will prove to be successful.  They were definitely trying to get fits for the system that MLF wants to run .. just looks like they valued players a lot more highly than the publications out there.  I think we need to wait and see .. our guys probably a little better at evaluating then the Mel Kiiper's and Dan Brugler's of the world.

13 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

Marc-Antoine Dequoy | Safety | Montreal 

62160312_11568946369d4d-fff0-4c12-a187-b

Marc-Antoine-Dequoy-RAS-19173.png?resize

very little info on this guy, but he loves running fast and speaking french. he was apparently sick when he posted those pro day numbers. he's also gonna be 26 when the season starts pretty much. hard to have an opinion on him as there's no footage of him that i could find in the 45 seconds i looked. just seems like a freak athlete. like giving this guy a chance. 

Hey, Thanks for doing this extra work.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Golfman said:

Try and sugarcoat it however makes you feel better. Our draft was terrible. I was happy with the QB, then not again until round 5. Graded by most as the worst draft of any team. 

I hope not Ryan Grant.  I would like to see them bring Veldheer back.

• Like 3

On 4/25/2020 at 7:49 PM, cannondale said:

You can't run the pro version of the veer or wishbone without them !

Have you seen teams line up TE's in the backfield and either use them as a lead blocker or run them out against a LB to catch a pass. That is an H-Back who are TE's used in Flex formations and lead blockers. The kid the Packers drafted in round 3 caught a lot of passes out of flex formations so I'm all for more options on offense. 

On 4/26/2020 at 2:57 PM, Packerraymond said:

It's not sugar coating anything. Juice isn't solely a FB in SF and he plays 50% of the teams snaps. Aaron Jones played 62% of the snaps last year for comparison. It's an important role in this offense. They spent a 3rd rounder on Sternburger last year and used him there. 

So would the draft grade been totally different if it went WR, RB, TE. So is it now a disaster if you replace WR with future QB? Drafting no WR's seems inexcusable but a draft with a future starting QB, RB, and possibly 1 or 2 other positions in the OL or even the ILB may turn out to be a good draft or even great draft. 

7 minutes ago, gizmo2012 said:

Have you seen teams line up TE's in the backfield and either use them as a lead blocker or run them out against a LB to catch a pass. That is an H-Back who are TE's used in Flex formations and lead blockers. The kid the Packers drafted in round 3 caught a lot of passes out of flex formations so I'm all for more options on offense. 

It was a joke. But if you want a serious take, he wont be catching many passes unless MLF becomes more creative.

On 4/26/2020 at 3:08 PM, {Family Ghost} said:

Based on the draft sources I was following I think our draft sucked.  It looks like we reached for a vast majority of our picks.  We'll see if the Packers have found the right fits for their system ... if they have then this draft will prove to be successful.  They were definitely trying to get fits for the system that MLF wants to run .. just looks like they valued players a lot more highly than the publications out there.  I think we need to wait and see .. our guys probably a little better at evaluating then the Mel Kiiper's and Dan Brugler's of the world.

I’ll trust our guys too. I really like the Love pick especially after seeing the board. I actually really like Dillion too. The one pick I have issues with, and I hope I’m wrong, was the HB. I get it, we needed/wanted to replace our FB and from what I read, he can do that and is a better receiver as well. OL we needed help and depth. We will most likely lose Taylor and maybe Lindsey next year as well so I like those picks.

Is this draft exciting? No but with what MLF want to do, it was necessary