2021 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

Kiltman

18 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Probably not enough to not just keep him as their first OL off the bench

The Texans wanted to draft him. Maybe we could get their 3rd for him. I'd take that all day and twice on sunday.

4 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

The Texans wanted to draft him. Maybe we could get their 3rd for him. I'd take that all day and twice on sunday.

they got Tunsil.

Wonder if the Chiefs would trade for him now that they got rid of their two starting tackles

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

they got Tunsil.

Wonder if the Chiefs would trade for him now that they got rid of their two starting tackles

"ring ring"
*waterbottle slurping sounds* Hello?
Hey Doug, it's Andy. Is that Dillard kid any good?
*sound of a waterbottle spraying Doug in the face* No. heeeheheehehee.
Ok thanks. *click*

5 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Probably not enough to not just keep him as their first OL off the bench

Has Dillard proven to not only be able to but be open to playing another position than LT? Last we checked with him it was Lt or nothing.

23 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

True but if Lane  goes down you can flip Mailata to Right 

Would that stunt Mailata though? What do you do when Lane is back? Just put your former 1st rounder back on the bench?

Not saying I disagree, these are just some thoughts as a “eh..sure trade him” member. This is on top of him reportedly being kind of a head case....which my hope would be that was just young player stuff and that goes away. But there is a certain value he still has from coming out, he sat behind a HoFamer year 1, got hurt year two. You can still probably get something of note for him if a team was high on him and it’d be seen as “hey we struck Gold with this rugby player and are ok with letting Andre go and you can have him on his rookie deal for 3 years” and not “he got beat out by a guy who’s in his 3rd year ever playing football and you have one year to see if he’s worth picking up the option”.

We suck, he’s an asset. I’m fine using an asset to make us not suck long term. If Mailata is the long term LT than it’s a pretty easy move to me. If Dillard looks great, maybe you move Lane and get more there?!? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.