2021 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

Kiltman

Everybody is so quick to get rid of the talent on this team it's ridiculous. Like since they're Eagles they suck and aren't worth anything. I got news: we have some good players and will probably be better than the train wreck most are predicting we will be next year. I know it's hard for some of the fans to accept.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

After Ford its whatever. The 5th round picks are cool though.

Seumalo is worth more than a 5th. PFF had him as one of the best pass blocking guards last year and he just turned 27 years old, so he's in the prime of his career. Plus, he has the versatility to play basically every position on the line.

Very high on Seumalo. Odd.

You didn't mention he's graded as one of the worst run blocking guards in the league also according to PFF...and it's graded on around half the snaps the average guards had been graded on.

17 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Everybody is so quick to get rid of the talent on this team it's ridiculous. Like since they're Eagles they suck and aren't worth anything. I got news: we have some good players and will probably be better than the train wreck most are predicting we will be next year. I know it's hard for some of the fans to accept.

We can either get rid of them now and have a bunch of cap in 2022/2023. Or we can re-structure/extend them, tread water at around 6-10-8-8, and be in cap hell for another 2 years.
Ertz is broken down, Barnett and Isaac are the definition of average starters. Getting rid of them saves us a bunch of money and the needle really doesn't move downward without those guys. Goedert will be better without Ertz. Herbig can replace Isaac. And Barnett's 5 or 6 sacks for 9 or 10 mill a year just ain't worth it, especially since he usually gets a penalty to offset w/e sack he gets.

Edited by Jeezla

5 hours ago, Jlash said:

Very high on Seumalo. Odd.

You didn't mention he's graded as one of the worst run blocking guards in the league also according to PFF...and it's graded on around half the snaps the average guards had been graded on.

Very high cause I think he's a solid player and worth more than a 5th to make it worth it for me? Alright

A very good pass blocker at guard is still valuable. The contract we signed him to was pretty modest. He's under contract for 2 more years in the prime of his career. 

I think you consider trading him if a team would give a 3rd rounder.

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Very high cause I think he's a solid player and worth more than a 5th to make it worth it for me? Alright

A very good pass blocker at guard is still valuable. The contract we signed him to was pretty modest. He's under contract for 2 more years in the prime of his career. 

I think you consider trading him if a team would give a 3rd rounder.

Seumalo has like the 24th highest cap hit at guard right now with some guys extensions this offseason that will push him closer to 30th probably.

He's an average starting guard in this league. That's the whole story. 

The whole "he's got the versatility to play anywhere on the line" is purely hypothetically at this point because the guy played some center in college. 

2 hours ago, Jlash said:

He's an average starting guard in this league. That's the whole story. 

The whole "he's got the versatility to play anywhere on the line" is purely hypothetically at this point because the guy played some center in college. 

I think he's better than average and he has played basically every spot on the line with the Eagles since we drafted him. Not saying he is a center or you would want him playing tackle, but he's done it. I'm perfectly cool with what he's getting paid right now. I think he's worth at least 7-8 million rn and we are paying him like 5.4 this year and 2.3 last year. There's a good chance he can net us a higher comp pick when he hits FA after 2022. He'll be 29 years old and the cap should be much higher then with the new tv deal and a couple years past COVID. He could definitely net us at least the same value in a 5th round pick or maybe a 4th round comp. I could easily see him getting 7-10 million in a couple years.

I think he's better than average and he has played basically every spot on the line with the Eagles since we drafted him. Not saying he is a center or you would want him playing tackle, but he's done it. I'm perfectly cool with what he's getting paid right now. I think he's worth at least 7-8 million rn and we are paying him like 5.4 this year and 2.3 last year. There's a good chance he can net us a higher comp pick when he hits FA after 2022. He'll be 29 years old and the cap should be much higher then with the new tv deal and a couple years past COVID. He could definitely net us at least the same value in a 5th round pick or maybe a 4th round comp. I could easily see him getting 7-10 million in a couple years.

If a team has the cap room I could see a 4th for him. Would need to rework things but could see Seattle make a push for him. They also are interested in Barnett and Ertz.

13 hours ago, Jeezla said:

We can either get rid of them now and have a bunch of cap in 2022/2023. Or we can re-structure/extend them, tread water at around 6-10-8-8, and be in cap hell for another 2 years.
Ertz is broken down, Barnett and Isaac are the definition of average starters. Getting rid of them saves us a bunch of money and the needle really doesn't move downward without those guys. Goedert will be better without Ertz. Herbig can replace Isaac. And Barnett's 5 or 6 sacks for 9 or 10 mill a year just ain't worth it, especially since he usually gets a penalty to offset w/e sack he gets.

Seumalo isn’t putting us in cap hell right now and we very well could get a better or similar pick for keeping him assuming we don’t sign too many FAs in 2023. This isn’t rocket science. A 5th for him would be poor return. A 3rd for him would get me to pick up the phone. A 5th? Nah. Sometimes you can hit on guys in the 5th or later but your hit percentage goes down significantly from day 2 to 3. Almost every player that would provide us some cap relief and at the same time could get us a decent (keyword) pick should be considered for trade.

3 hours ago, Kiltman said:

If a team has the cap room I could see a 4th for him. Would need to rework things but could see Seattle make a push for him. They also are interested in Barnett and Ertz.

I ain’t budging for less than a 3rd from Seattle. They can kick rocks with that late 4th.

• Like 1

I ain’t budging for less than a 3rd from Seattle. They can kick rocks with that late 4th.

Give us that 2nd and a future 4th or something and we can bundle a little care package of Ertz and Isaac for Russell’s hurt feelings. Even throw in an edible arrangement!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Give us that 2nd and a future 4th or something and we can bundle a little care package of Ertz and Isaac for Russell’s hurt feelings. Even throw in an edible arrangement!

haha nah but forreal if they can give us a day 2 pick for 2022 or even 2023 I would take it. I don't care about gaining a lot of picks this year cause this team isn't in a position to win right now. It's gonna take a minute.

If a deal can be worked out, I would rather extend Barnett and keep him rather than trade. He is only what, 24? And has shown really well in flashes. After this year they will have plenty of cap space. Him, Sweat and maybe someone like Basham or Ossai in the 2nd with Graham leading the way for a year or so. I'm here for it. 

Another draft - Traded back with Panthers and then again to Patriots in first. Used those picks to get additional picks in this draft besides NE 1st next year.

15. Parsons LB

37. Terrance Marshall Jr. WR

39. Asante Samuel Jr. CB

70. Eric Stokes CB

84. Tylan Wallace Wr

102. Kyle Trask QB factory

109. Trey Sermon RB

151. Caden Sterns S

191. Jaylon Moore OL

203. Parrish Ford S

220. LaBryan Ray DT

232. Josh Ball OL

NE 1st 2022

Tried to get a few pieces to add to our offensive weapons and nail down the Def. 

Edited by EaglesFlySBChampsHigh