2021 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

Kiltman

22 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

If a deal can be worked out, I would rather extend Barnett and keep him rather than trade. He is only what, 24? And has shown really well in flashes. After this year they will have plenty of cap space. Him, Sweat and maybe someone like Basham or Ossai in the 2nd with Graham leading the way for a year or so. I'm here for it. 

That is probably the best move just to save money and keep a player who is ok at a position of value.

No longer can trade:

6. Kyle Pitts Weapon Florida

38. Eric Stokes CB UGA

70. Jabril Cox LB LSU

84. Hamsah Nasirildeen S FSU

151. Dazz Newsome WR UNC

157. Rodarius Williams CB Ok St.

191. Drake Jackson OC Kentucky

220. Chris Rumph II Edge Duke

228. Elijah Mitchell RB Louisiana 

Chase went to the bengals so it was between waddle, smith and pitts. I think Pitts is a better player overall. 

• Like 2

I think he graded out as PFF’s like second best nickel or something and he fits what the Eagles want out of a corner now so no surprise he met with like the Colts among some others.

I think he’s a projected 3rd round pick, but wonder if he starts to creep into the 2nd round. Need to watch some Syracuse for him and Melifonwu. I guess Cisco too.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

I hope we go after the best of the more premium positions at least with the first half or so of the draft. Positions like corners, receivers, pass rushers, tackle, 3 down coverage LB on day 2, and so on. I’ll be pretty pissed if we don’t come out of the first 2 days with at least one corner and receiver assuming we chose not to move on to a new QB in this draft which is still possible.

8 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I hope we go after the best of the more premium positions at least with the first half or so of the draft. Positions like corners, receivers, pass rushers, tackle, 3 down coverage LB on day 2, and so on. I’ll be pretty pissed if we don’t come out of the first 2 days with at least one corner and receiver assuming we chose not to move on to a new QB in this draft which is still possible.

I agree with this. I think my ideal players at 6 and 38 are Chase and Samuel Jr. But there's like a pool of 12 guys I'd be happy with at each draft slot. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Listening to Ben Solak’s podcast and he is downright convinced the Eagles go QB at 6. He paints a pretty compelling argument just given what we know about the strength of this draft and what position the Eagles value. 

I guess it will depend on who they end up liking. I could see them having no interest in Lance. So then it will be does fields fall?

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

I guess it will depend on who they end up liking. I could see them having no interest in Lance. So then it will be does fields fall?

The basis of his argument is this:

1) Eagles value QB, OL and DL at a much higher premium than all other positions.

2) There roster as it stands right now- QB is the weakest of those positions.

3) The draft is the strongest at the top at the QB position. 

The likelihood that QB is the top player at a position they value the most at 6 is significantly higher than any other position.

The wildcard being under Sirianni, a WR coach by trade, will they put more of a premium on WR/pass catcher in which case Chase, Pitts, Waddle become more in play. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

1) Eagles value QB, OL and DL at a much higher premium than all other positions.

The likelihood that QB is the top player at a position they value the most at 6 is significantly higher than any other position.

The wildcard being under Sirianni, a WR coach by trade, will they put more of a premium on WR/pass catcher in which case Chase, Pitts, Waddle become more in play. 

I think they’ll like Fields, if he’s there they take him. Wilson maybe, though he likely won’t be there anyway. And Lance I don’t think Howie would take the risk. Even though his ceiling is higher. 

To get a QB and not have to trade up is nice luxury that rarely happens.

If Fields and Wilson are gone, they go Chase or Pitts or trade down. Though I wouldn’t put it past them to take Slater given his versatility.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I heard the podcast but if Lance is the guy there I can see them passing on the QB class.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Their evaluation of Lance is the biggest mystery of the draft

If they love him the whole maybe being scared off NDSU thing should work well as smokescreen.

I was surprised how much I liked of Lance what little I’ve watched. His build and how he moves is like a little bigger Watson.

It’s such a projection with so little experience. In terms of him vs Wentz, I liked that he went to North Dakota to fight to show he was a QB when D1 teams told him he would be a safety. Shows a little more mental toughness than Wentz.

3 hours ago, Kiltman said:

I think they’ll like Fields, if he’s there they take him. Wilson maybe, though he likely won’t be there anyway. And Lance I don’t think Howie would take the risk. Even though his ceiling is higher. 

To get a QB and not have to trade up is nice luxury that rarely happens.

If Fields and Wilson are gone, they go Chase or Pitts or trade down. Though I wouldn’t put it past them to take Slater given his versatility.

Slater is the player who might be the likely non-QB player that nobody is talking about