Everything Offseason Programs (OTA's and more)

RaidersAreOne

8 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I never knew he was a wr1 I thought he was always wr2 Plus we have more wr depth Than lb depth...it will sting but I don’t think it’s a death wish

He’s our WR1.  I don’t mean he’s an elite WR.... he’s just our top WR... he’ll see the most volume.

5 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Bryan Edwards been getting first team reps in place of Tyrell.

With Tyrell being hurt I'm not surprised.  If this lingers, I wouldn't mind cutting him and using that 11 mil elsewhere.  Last year he got a pass.  This year... Different story IMO.

15 minutes ago, Totty said:

With Tyrell being hurt I'm not surprised.  If this lingers, I wouldn't mind cutting him and using that 11 mil elsewhere.  Last year he got a pass.  This year... Different story IMO.

I think his money is already guaranteed for this year. Unless you meant next offseason, then my bad. 

1 minute ago, Blazer026 said:

I think his money is already guaranteed for this year. Unless you meant next offseason, then my bad. 

No.  I meant this year but wasn't thinking.  You're right it'd be for next year.  Which I'm also fine with.  

Very interesting QB ranking, I think it's solid. If you notice Carr's creativity ranking is the lowest in the league according to the writers criteria, that's something some of us here have issues with.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/08/2020-nfl-quarterback-rankings-lamar-jackson-patrick-mahomes-russell-wilson

The Bridgewater analysis sounds like it should be Carr's.

Edited by raidr4life

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

Very interesting QB ranking, I think it's solid. If you notice Carr's creativity ranking is the lowest in the league according to the writers criteria, that's something some of us here have issues with.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/08/2020-nfl-quarterback-rankings-lamar-jackson-patrick-mahomes-russell-wilson

Really good write up bar one thing...

Jared Goff was/is good when his receivers get open and his line blocks, but when both fail to materialize, he's no good? Little harsh, I think lol.

But yeah, Teddy and Carr both need their aggression switch flipped. That being said, I can see why Carr has hesitated to be aggressive. On one hand, injuries can mess with a QB. Too add, our D hasn't been good enough to mitigate the damage of a turnover. That's a bit of a catch-22 though. If Carr came out of the gate more aggressively, I think we have (and have had in some regards) the offensive weapons to be a top tier O. It's a chess match in that regard.

We have the best O situation since 2016, with Jacobs, Williams*, Edwards, Ruggs, Renfrow, Agholor, and Waller >>>>> Murray, Crabtree, Cooper, Roberts, Rivera/Walford. On D, Crosby, Ferrell*, Collins, Randall, Arnette*, Mullens, Abraham, Kwit, and Littleton >>>>>>>>>>> everything we've had on D not named Khalil Mack.

With that being the case, hopefully the situation becomes one where Carr is able to play similar to 2016 and throw caution to the wind a bit. He plays a great "preserve the lead" game, but does so while down 2 scores. I think we'd all be fine with a few more INTs if it meant winning more games in the end. I certainly don't expect a Rodgers or Brees style 4600 yds and a 40-6 TD-INT ratio from Carr. But close to 4k and a 35-14 type season should do the trick. 

• Like 1

On 8/26/2020 at 1:53 PM, Geezy said:

a lot of guys just worrying to worry. Big Trent back at practice and TW will play through injury. We also have the best WR depth weve had in a loooong time, if any position group could with stand an injury itd be WR.

It’s not worrying to worry.  There valid concerns.  Doesn’t mean Brown won’t stay healthy and dominate for 16 games plus a playoff run.  But he could also re-aggravate his injury early in the year (or even before the season starts) and A miss significant portion of the season.

Yes... a few days ago there was a lot of concerns and today Browns back on the field playing and Williams’s diagnosis is more optimistic.

but just because Brown finally hit the field and it looks like Williams will play doesn’t mean that everything is perfect now and throughout the season.

Like players who sit out don’t even come back and quickly re aggregate that injury?  Happens all the time... all the time!

We shouldn’t have let the bad news effect us as much as it did but don’t be a fool to think a little good news from the teams PR department means “everything is good, no reason to be concerned”

Don't sleep on the Zay/Agholor combo. With Ruggs, Edwards, Renfrow, Zay, and Agholor, we have a combination of young talent and veteran depth.

I think Zay can show something in year two. Maybe it's nothing but he looks poised to make a leap with a year in the system.

Combine that with all our tight ends and we have a lot of weapons/places to go with the ball.

Carr likes to spread it around. Tyrell going down sucks but we need to see the depth of this team.

6 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Bridgewater's analysis does sound a lot like Carr but with one exception.  That exception makes Carr even more frustrating to watch because he is not limited physically but plays like it.  I disagree with Jackson's analysis also.  When the windows got tighter and players starter flying around his accuracy is horrible.  During the regular season they where able to exploit defenses inability to stop Jackson from running without letting TEs run free across the middle.  As soon as that happened he could not hit a target.  He is young and should improve but his accuracy when a receiver is covered closely is one of the worst in the league.  I love Fitz's write up also.  It is the exact reason why I think he would be amazing with Gruden.  He is the complete opposite of Carr.  Could you imagine 20 years ago having a fairly accurate list where 5 of the top 6 QBs where African American or half.  Rush Limbaugh's head would have exploded.

• Like 2