Abe56

6 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

For everyone who is pumped about Wilson being 2. I will ask you this question 

when was the last time a QB went 1 and 2 and they both did well? Never

manning went 1 leaf 2 and he sucked

Winston and mariota they sucked

luck and RG3 we know RG3 sucks 

History is not kind when QB go 1 and 2.

so either TLaw or Wilson are going to suck. Who you putting your money on?

I just have that feeling that Wilson is not going to be that stud you all think he will be. I think him Fields and all the rest are low end starters. TLaw will be great and I think Mac Jones will be the next best one when it is all said and done. Jones going to the pats makes me very worried 

Who cares about any of that? Wilson is his own player, if he's good great and if he's not we try again until we get it right and thats all we can really do. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Cornerback?

I mean if Horn falls to 23 then ya he’s worth it. But as I said to someone else. I don’t see anyone we get at 34 or later starting immediately over Hall and Agustin. I also think we do sign another scan before the draft as well. There’s still good names out there. At OG there’s slim pickings l

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

For everyone who is pumped about Wilson being 2. I will ask you this question 

when was the last time a QB went 1 and 2 and they both did well? Never

manning went 1 leaf 2 and he sucked

Winston and mariota they sucked

luck and RG3 we know RG3 sucks 

History is not kind when QB go 1 and 2.

so either TLaw or Wilson are going to suck. Who you putting your money on?

I just have that feeling that Wilson is not going to be that stud you all think he will be. I think him Fields and all the rest are low end starters. TLaw will be great and I think Mac Jones will be the next best one when it is all said and done. Jones going to the pats makes me very worried 

McNabb>Couch.

• Like 1

Manning- Jim Mora  Leaf- Kevin Gilbride

Winston- Dirk Keotter Mariota- Whisenhunt

Luck- Chuck Pagano RG3- Mike Shannahan (who did not want him)

Let's look at the coaches these rookies came in to.  As long as Wilson has a good attitude/work ethic I think we have a good HC and offensive system for him to succeed.  

2 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Who cares about any of that? Wilson is his own player, if he's good great and if he's not we try again until we get it right and thats all we can really do. 

As a GM and coach you will get CRUCIFIED if you pass up on a QB who becomes successful.  If they trade Sam and he turns out okay while Wilson busts I don't see that having as big of an impact on their futures in the NFL.

1 minute ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Let's look at the coaches these rookies came in to.  As long as Wilson has a good attitude/work ethic I think we have a good HC and offensive system for him to succeed.  

We have a rookie HC and a rookie OC. We have no idea what to expect.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GangGreen420 said:

We have a rookie HC and a rookie OC. We have no idea what to expect.

I know.  And history shows successful coaches/teams aren't grabbing their QBs their 1st year on the job.

I won't be upset if we draft Wilson at 2 and I won't be upset if we get a massive haul for #2.  

3 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

As a GM and coach you will get CRUCIFIED if you pass up on a QB who becomes successful.  If they trade Sam and he turns out okay while Wilson busts I don't see that having as big of an impact on their futures in the NFL.

If they keep Sam and he continues to throw picks and Wilson becomes great then what. 

At the end of the day we're taking a gamble, nothing is guaranteed to work and any side acting like theirs is bulletproof is ridiculous. 

There's a chance Sam turns it around, there's a chance he doesn't. There's a chance Wilson busts and there's a chance we find the QB we've been looking for. 

But none of that is why you draft him or dont. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I know.  And history shows successful coaches/teams aren't grabbing their QBs their 1st year on the job.

I won't be upset if we draft Wilson at 2 and I won't be upset if we get a massive haul for #2.  

Gotcha. I prefer the haul the Dolphins got, building up the team and then even getting the QB. Still a possibility but I think they’ve decided on Wilson. Guess it’s time to hop on board and pray I’m wrong about him

7 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I thought it was Kyle Shanahan that didn't want RG3. He hated running QB.  

3 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Recent memory

Harbaugh and Flacco in 2008, couple years later they win a Super Bowl

Pederson and Wentz in 2016, one year later they win a Super Bowl

Pagano and Luck in 2012, playoffs every year when Luck was healthy even went to the AFCCG

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Teams that wait often get stuck in QB purgatory and then have trade the farm to go get one. 

You dont think the 49ers wish they could go back and take Watson at #2 instead of waiting to build up the team first? 

Just now, Dr.O said:

I think JD is gonna let Clark compete for a starting spot at OG against Lewis and GVR, he’ll draft a rookie early to fight for the other spot I think. 

Make Edoga gain some weight and fight for an OG spot as well. If even one of Clarke or Edoga can win a spot and play at a good level, that’s be a huge win. I just think that with Clarke not even in the lineup for a snap last year and being a guy that really needed reps to get better. It’s far fetched he wins a starting spot. I’d think the odds of Edoga gaining weight and battling is better. But still not good.

• Like 1