2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

1 minute ago, Dr.O said:

I think JD is gonna let Clark compete for a starting spot at OG against Lewis and GVR, he’ll draft a rookie early to fight for the other spot I think. 

That's what I'm thinking as well. I think #23 will go OG unless someone like Parsons, Horn, or Rousseau magically falls to that pick. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

For everyone who is pumped about Wilson being 2. I will ask you this question 

when was the last time a QB went 1 and 2 and they both did well? Never

manning went 1 leaf 2 and he sucked

Winston and mariota they sucked

luck and RG3 we know RG3 sucks 

History is not kind when QB go 1 and 2.

so either TLaw or Wilson are going to suck. Who you putting your money on?

I just have that feeling that Wilson is not going to be that stud you all think he will be. I think him Fields and all the rest are low end starters. TLaw will be great and I think Mac Jones will be the next best one when it is all said and done. Jones going to the pats makes me very worried 

That's your logic?

Well recently the first QB taken hasn't been as good as the ones taken after him so maybe Lawrence is the one who busts?

Wilson is going to be good.  It's the right pick even over the SF draft haul.  Without a QB doesn't matter how good your team is.  Wilson is the real deal.

1 minute ago, Rockice_8 said:

That's your logic?

Well recently the first QB taken hasn't been as good as the ones taken after him so maybe Lawrence is the one who busts?

Wilson is going to be good.  It's the right pick even over the SF draft haul.  Without a QB doesn't matter how good your team is.  Wilson is the real deal.

This thread should be pinned for 3 years. lol.

9 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

That's your logic?

Agreed. And I do think we are drafting Wilson. But having a good QB means nothing if they have nothing around them. Is what we have at 2 OG spots, RB, TE enough right now? I say heck no.

4 hours ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

So much for Simms' credibility if he thinks keeping Darnold is a good idea.

I am starting to think this way, too. I would rather give Hall and Austin a chance as CB starters than go back to Lewis and Van Roten as starters.

I really want Etienne but without more O-line help it won't matter.

This is bad news. At least for all of us who are still clinging to the 0.000000001% chance that the Jags mess this up.

Of course, if he is skipping the Wilson pro day it might mean that he is sold on...

...Fields! 

:)

Lol. True. But Chris Simms should get a long leash. Dude’s taking so much heat for his QB rankings despite nailing them every year.

If Wilson turns out to be better than Lawrence, Simms is getting a job high up in someone’s front office. Like if he nails it again and you’re a team looking for QB in 2022, this is the guy you want.

Wilson is going to face the bad luck that is the Jets organization. So it’ll be a miracle.

Edited by SDotNova

Of all the moves today, I think Philly messed up. They got fair compensation, but they passed on the top WRs. I don’t think that was a good idea. Should have stayed put and grabbed an elite playmaker.

Edited by SDotNova
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SDotNova said:

And here we go. #2 pick just become more valuable. Any thought that you can sit back and grab a QB just went out the window.

Nice haul by Miami. Nice job by SF.

As some one pointed out .... the offer must have been made to Jets first.  Hard to see them thinking they can get a better so it looks like they are holding and selecting QB.  

Just now, Bronx Born and Raised said:

As some one pointed out .... the offer must have been made to Jets first.  Hard to see them thinking they can get a better so it looks like they are holding and selecting QB.  

Yea, I don’t think we move from number 2. It’ll take a true haul. The Miami trade was fair compensation.

For us to move out, it would have to be something like #9 or #8 plus 2nd round pick, 2022 1st, 2023 1st.

But we have close ties to SF and Philly. If they don’t think #2 is available, than likely no trade gets it done.

6 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Of all the moves today, I think Philly messed up. They got fair compensation, but they passed on the top WRs. I don’t think that was a good idea. Should have stayed put and grabbed an elite playmaker.

We said the same thing last year didn’t we!! All the receivers were still left. After the contracts given out this FA I think the receivers may drop. There is a chance that one of Chase, Waddle or Smith will be there at #12 for them. 

Edited by xenajets

Just now, xenajets said:

We said the same thing last year didn’t we!! All the recievers were still left. After the contracts given out this FA I think the recievers may drop. There is a chance that one of Chase, Waddle or Smith will be there at #12 for them. 

Hmm. If one of those three guys fall to philly than they’ll look like genius.

I think you’re right actually. 4 QBs, 1 TE, 1 CB, 1 LB and 2 OL... that would mean at least 1 of those WRs drops.

Alright, I take it back. Lol. All three teams made out well.