2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

2 hours ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

The last QB that had the NFL network guys gushing like this was Josh Allen, who a lot of us, including  myself, we’re afraid to draft because of his level of competition. I’m not making that mistake twice. I’m not passing on a QB upgrade to get deeper at RB and LB. We can still fill holes with the picks we have and nobody says he has to start day one. I said it yesterday, sign Alex Smith and sit Wilson just like the Chiefs did with Mahones. 

If we had drafted Allen he would have been a bust too because our line sucks balls and we surrounded our qb with nothing at wr te and rb.

The same thing is going to happen if we draft Wilson.

I tell you what, if the Jets dump Darnold for Wilson and we watch Wilson bust while Darnold succeeds elsewhere I'm done. If I end up being wrong, good. But I've invested far to much time and energy into a franchise that continues to make stupid decisions time and again.  The last DECADE has been an exercise in futility. A decade full of terrible coaching, terrible drafting, terrible fa signings. They have a chance to finally fix the team properly and instead are going to throw it all away on what amounts to a get rich quick scheme, one that they've already tried and failed at. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

For sure. But the Cb market is still ok. I see us adding someone still there. And I don’t think anyone we draft (unless we use the 23rd pick on a guy) starting immediately over Hall or Austin. Where Lewis and GVR were so bad I think anyone we draft at 23, 34 and probably even early round 3. Start over both of them.

Yeah I like the chances of us improving that spot but still CB and OG are the two biggest question marks left. Qb looks like it’s been answered today. 

2 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Hmm. If one of those three guys fall to philly than they’ll look like genius.

I think you’re right actually. 4 QBs, 1 TE, 1 CB, 1 LB and 2 OL... that would mean at least 1 of those WRs drops.

Alright, I take it back. Lol. All three teams made out well.

For some reason Smith is being pushed down. I get he’s a small dude but he’s so good it’s shocking how his draft stock has slipped. There’s a very god chance Philly could grab him at #12. 

Just now, Rockice_8 said:

Watch his throw at 24:30 where he rolls left and throws deep over the middle.  It's insane.  I get it's a pro day but it's still sick no matter where you are.

His arm talent is real. I was also very happy with his measurements. I called 6'2. I could see him being a very nice fit for this offense. He'll take his lumps next year but if he works hard and is a film junky like they've said. No reason why he cant be a good QB!

1 minute ago, drew39k said:

If we had drafted Allen he would have been a bust too because our line sucks balls and we surrounded our qb with nothing at wr te and rb.

I tell you what, if the Jets dump Darnold for Wilson and we watch Wilson bust while Darnold succeeds elsewhere I'm done. If I end up being wrong, good. But I've invested far to much time and energy into a franchise that continues to make stupid decisions time and again.  The last DECADE has been an exercise in futility. A decade full of terrible coaching, terrible drafting, terrible fa signings. They have a chance to finally fix the team properly and instead are going to throw it all away on what amounts to a get rich quick scheme, one that they've already tried and failed at. 

Big difference though...Wilson will have weapons. A WR core of Davis, Mims, Crowder and Cole is good. Could be improved if we can get another receiver within the top three rounds too. 

Sam was mistreated by the franchise IMO. But economics being the way football is ran and the fact we can ‘reset the rookie clock’ it’s really a no brainier. 

JD dropped the ball last offseason. He should of done more for Sam. He’s certainly got a chance at a do over with Wilson.

3 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Watch his throw at 24:30 where he rolls left and throws deep over the middle.  It's insane.  I get it's a pro day but it's still sick no matter where you are.

That throw is sick. The thing is, he has some similarly sick throws in game situations. 

40 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Recent memory

Harbaugh and Flacco in 2008, couple years later they win a Super Bowl

Pederson and Wentz in 2016, one year later they win a Super Bowl

Pagano and Luck in 2012, playoffs every year when Luck was healthy even went to the AFCCG

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Teams that wait often get stuck in QB purgatory and then have trade the farm to go get one. 

You dont think the 49ers wish they could go back and take Watson at #2 instead of waiting to build up the team first? 

13 years ago, Wentz didn't win the SB and ok Pagano and Luck who was a can't miss prospect.

6 minutes ago, drew39k said:

We have to come out of day 1/2 with two quality OL. Finalizing the OL has to be a top priority. It’s an urgent matter.

19 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Of all the moves today, I think Philly messed up. They got fair compensation, but they passed on the top WRs. I don’t think that was a good idea. Should have stayed put and grabbed an elite playmaker.

They have cap trouble and will next year and maybe beyond. They need to purge the roster of all the vet players taking up cap room. They are in for a few down years while they rebuild. The best way is to accrue draft capital. They have a lot of holes and trading to 12 just gives them an extra first next year and they will still get a good player at a position if need.

2 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

That throw is sick. The thing is, he has some similarly sick throws in game situations. 

He does that regularly.  Kid checks every box and he completed something stupid like close to 70% of throws over 20 yards.

He makes the tight window throws which are NFL caliber.  That is the true measure of his ability.  He's not just hitting on easy looks he fits balls into tight windows consistently.

So much to love about this kid we should feel lucky to have him in NY.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, xenajets said:

JD dropped the ball last offseason. He should of done more for Sam. He’s certainly got a chance at a do over with Wilson.

He did get a franchise LT and starting WR last year. Maybe he could have done more in FA, we can all kind of agree on that but I still maintain he was more frugal because of the unknown cap situation. Or maybe because he did not like Sam and knew gase was going to be a goner. All speculation, I know, but let’s judge his body of work based on a couple of years and not just one weird FA offseason. 

10 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

We have to come out of day 1/2 with two quality OL. Finalizing the OL has to be a top priority. It’s an urgent matter.

You aren't getting a stud RT late in the first. We might be able to get a decent Guard, but even then he is still going to be a rookie. They make mistakes that will create extra pressure on the QB. Just look at the Raiders game when Becton inexplicably got Darnold absolutely mauled twice, both resulting in fumbles. That still doesn't address the poor RT play either and we will have depth issues across the line.