2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

Just now, KBS756 said:

We gotta take a QB ... Personally Fields or Lance or Lawrence all look good with the right coaching ...

1. Lawrence

2. Fields

3. Lance

4. Wilson

Think we know proper coaching staff and supporting staff if needed

I agree with this. 

2 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

As I mentioned before about Lawrence's weakness, he struggles with looking from one side of the field to the other. It can be fixed with the right coaches, but it's not easy. OSU is forcing him to decide. 

The thing with that is as much as a coach tries to fix it, in games its very difficult because that internal clock is ticking and you eventually go back to the things you would normally do. Its like when Tebow fix his throwing motion lol. 

Its why no matter how easy McVay makes the game for Goff he still sucks lol.

1 minute ago, NJerseypaint said:

You guys might say it's silly, but I really don't want Wilson. I'm not big on players who's families are obscenely rich (and don't come from a line of athletes).

Whether he comes from money or not still has more arm talent than either qb in this game

And Mahomes, the Mannings, Andrew Luck all came from money

Just now, KingOfNewYork said:

The thing with that is as much as a coach tries to fix it, in games its very difficult because that internal clock is ticking and you eventually go back to the things you would normally do. Its like when Tebow fix his throwing motion lol. 

Its why no matter how easy McVay makes the game for Goff he still sucks lol.

It's slightly different, it's not that Lawrence can't make the throw, he just has to get comfortable with looking around. Tebow couldn't make the throw or read defenses. lol 

Just now, rickyt31 said:

It's slightly different, it's not that Lawrence can't make the throw, he just has to get comfortable with looking around. Tebow couldn't make the throw or read defenses. lol 

I'm saying he isn't used to it. When 1 or 2 is open or the offense designed around bubbles or designed runs then the adjustment coming in to an offense that requires you to scan the entire field post snap takes a while. I wonder if Lawrence will have an interception problem year 1 like Manning and Luck did.

2 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Mahomes, Manning and Luck all came from athletes, thats the disclaimer.

Guess Joe Douglass gotta get some footage of his dad throwing around the pigskin before can determine if hes worth drafting

Just now, KingOfNewYork said:

I'm saying he isn't used to it. When 1 or 2 is open or the offense designed around bubbles or designed runs then the adjustment coming in to an offense that requires you to scan the entire field post snap takes a while. I wonder if Lawrence will have an interception problem year 1 like Manning and Luck did.

Very possible because he'll have to get used to that while facing more pressure than he did in Clemson. It's not going to be easy, but he has the skills and the mental to adapt. It's part of the reason why I wasn't so locked in on him like he was going to save everything. He's going to struggle, but he's going to be a good QB.