2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

Just now, NJerseypaint said:

Everyone has bad games. He's still the best of the bunch

I'm not writing him off. Like I've been saying, he is still QB#1. One bad game shouldn't end things, I've been saying that for Lance for a while. I just noticed that he doesn't run unless the play call is designed for it or it's a roll out. He's not in the pocket going through progressions and then running when things aren't open. 

2 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Wilson is still my #2, outside of completing bombing interviews and workouts I cant see Fields passing him for me personally. The upside, the arm talent, just too much to pass up.

Same for me, Im just thinking how other people/teams may be viewing it.  Say ATL wants to bring Fields home to Georgia to replace the old declining Matt Ryan and at #4 offers that pick plus next years 1st and this years 2nd or #4 and Calvin Ridley could Joe pass that up even if he prefers Fields.  

Point is the better all these qbs do probably works out most favorably for NY

I was so annoyed with how fans reacted to losing the #1 pick and how people knocked other QBs for the same flaws Lawrence displayed. I believe in the potential of of Law, Fields, Wilson, and Lance. They can all be great with the right staff and talent around them. We will have to build the roster the same way no matter who we draft. We're in a great position. Right now, my answer is pick Fields and don't move. 

27 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

lol Just give me an Ohio draft. Fields, Sermon, Davis + Forrest & Myjai Sanders. 

I was just stopping by to see how you guys were feeling now about having knocked off my Browns last week.  I'm still bummed out about it, but you guys, I imagine might be feeling just a tad bit better?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

I was just stopping by to see how you guys were feeling now about having knocked off my Browns last week.  I'm still bummed out about it, but you guys, I imagine might be feeling just a tad bit better?

lol The mood seems to be uplifted a bit now that they had the chance to watch Wilson and Fields recently. I've been saying there were more options all season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Abe56 said:

Same for me, Im just thinking how other people/teams may be viewing it.  Say ATL wants to bring Fields home to Georgia to replace the old declining Matt Ryan and at #4 offers that pick plus next years 1st and this years 2nd or #4 and Calvin Ridley could Joe pass that up even if he prefers Fields.  

Point is the better all these qbs do probably works out most favorably for NY

You have to take your guy, cant risk a team jumping us at 3 for Wilson. 

7 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

I was so annoyed with how fans reacted to losing the #1 pick and how people knocked other QBs for the same flaws Lawrence displayed. I believe in the potential of of Law, Fields, Wilson, and Lance. They can all be great with the right staff and talent around them. We will have to build the roster the same way no matter who we draft. We're in a great position. Right now, my answer is pick Fields and don't move. 

Rick I didn't here anybody on this  board knock any of the other QB's most of us have only seen TL & Fields play. But you are right getting the right staff is the key. And that is what has been lacking with Jets for to many years. One thing for sure Gase, isn't the great offensive mind that they told us he was.

Now that you are in quarantine for two weeks, it will give you a chance to catch up with all your hallmark Christmas movies, all fifty of them.

Edited by doumeyer

Well, the plot thickens. I am still leaning towards drafting Penei Sewell with the second pick and then taking a QB with the Seattle pick. But Fields is starting to grow on me based on his big-game performance. That is impressive. If he beats Alabama, I might change my mind for good. 

That said, I don't want to go crazy after one performance. And I certainly don't want to get excited about our situation again. 

First things first, Black Monday. Get rid of Gase and then we can smile again.