2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

Word currently among many in Jacksonville fandom is that Fields is someone not to pass up and perhaps come draft day T. Law could be the second QB off the board. Wouldn't that be a hoot!

But seriously the Jets are in a great position and I don't think the Jets will trade the pick and for this reason only. They will start afresh with Fields or Wilson at Qb and not have to be put in a one year prove it position with Darnold. If he fails to generate the belief that he can be the QB of the future then the Jets lost out on a very strong Qb class.

As to Fields, and I have seen some who have less than flattering things to say about him, and I'm sure for good reason. But lets be clear about this, Fields did more than throw for 6 TD's, the throws were on the dime, the throws were laser accurate and powerful, he played with the grit that NFL players play with.

The Jets will be hard pressed to pass on Fields and I doubt they will, Wilson likewise is a same type player, howbeit perhaps not as athletic. So just as one game that he rose to the occasion doesn't make a college career, so also does a few games in which he shows himself to be human make him a bad choice.

If we were to assess Darnold's college career would he even be in the conversation with T.Law, Fields, or Wilson, or for that matter Mac Jones?

The Jets will pick a QB with the second pick in the draft, there's just too much at stake going into Darnold's 4th season, both from a monetary standpoint and QB standpoint.

1 minute ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

I am not falling for this smokescreen about Urban Meyer, Ryan Day and the Ohio State connection with regards to the No. 1 pick. The Jags are taking Trevor Lawrence. I am not going down that rabbit hole once again. 

As you shouldn't. Lawrence is going 1.

We shouldn't trade down from 2 unless it's to 3 with MIA or 4 and we know one of Wilson or Fields will be there.  Even then it's a risk to go to 4 of someone jumps us with MIA.  I'd take MIAs 2nd to swap from 2 to 3 to make sure they secure Sewell.  They could call our bluff and probably get him at 3 because they know we aren't passing on a QB but trading down is risky beyond 3 because we need a QB badly.  We have to keep pushing the Sam is staying narrative, hopefully he has a good game against NE today.

6 hours ago, Greene N White said:

That’s such a bad mindset to have. Clearly every nfl team is going to prefer one qb as opposed to the other so why would you settle for less. I get maybe 2 WRs being even and getting more value and ending up with the other one but that is not how the quarterback position works. 

Kinda like the Jets did a few years ago?  If the NY Jets are holding a ridiculous price tag (similar to what the Titans did a few years ago with Mariota), they can probably strike a better deal with the Dolphins.  They'll probably have a preference between the two, but is it worth giving up the extra assets to do so? 

2 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

We shouldn't trade down from 2 unless it's to 3 with MIA or 4 and we know one of Wilson or Fields will be there.  Even then it's a risk to go to 4 of someone jumps us with MIA.  I'd take MIAs 2nd to swap from 2 to 3 to make sure they secure Sewell.  They could call our bluff and probably get him at 3 because they know we aren't passing on a QB but trading down is risky beyond 3 because we need a QB badly.  We have to keep pushing the Sam is staying narrative, hopefully he has a good game against NE today.

Miami isn't trading up for Sewell.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Kinda like the Jets did a few years ago?  If the NY Jets are holding a ridiculous price tag (similar to what the Titans did a few years ago with Mariota), they can probably strike a better deal with the Dolphins.  They'll probably have a preference between the two, but is it worth giving up the extra assets to do so? 

There’s no assets to give up we’re in position to take the guy we want. Why would we settle for less.