2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

11 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Miami isn't trading up for Sewell.

Unlikely but we'd have to try and make it seem like Cincy or ATL is ready to make the move to 2 for him.  I just don't want to get cute and trade down to 4-5 and have Mia trade down with someone like Car or Det making a splash move up to 3 for their QBOTF.  Then we're stuck without a QB.  Whatever happens we can't leave the draft without Fields or Wilson.  

Edited by Rockice_8

3 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Unlikely but we'd have to try and make it seem like Cincy or ATL is ready to make the move to 2 for him.  I just don't want to get cute and trade down to 4-5 and have Mia someone like Car or Det make a splash move up to 3.  Then we're stuck without a QB.  Whatever happens we can't leave the draft without Fields or Wilson.  

That is why you have to study Lance, Trask and even Jones heavily. lol.

NFL Draft order 2021

1. Jacksonville Jaguars (1-15)  Definitely on QB
  2. New York Jets (2-14) Fence on QB
  3. Miami Dolphins (via 4-12 Houston Texans)  Speculating about QB
  4. Atlanta Falcons (4-12) Nah.
  5. Cincinnati Bengals (4-11-1)  Duh?
  6. Philadelphia Eagles (4-11-1) Stronger likely on QB
  7. Detroit Lions (5-11) Mystery
  8. Carolina Panthers (5-11) Definitely
  9. Denver Broncos (5-11) Mystery
  10. Dallas Cowboys (6-10) Mystery
  11. New York Giants (6-10) Nah.
  12. San Francisco 49ers (6-10) Definitely
  13. Los Angeles Chargers (7-9) Duh?
  14. Minnesota Vikings (7-9) Definitely
  15. New England Patriots (7-9) Absolutely
  16. Las Vegas Raiders (8-8) Nah.
  17. Arizona Cardinals (8-8) Nah.
  18. Miami Dolphins (10-6) Depend on first pick
Edited by JetsandI

19 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

The OT depth in this draft is crazy good. I'd love to grab a OT in Round 3 or 4 this year. Getting a 2nd round talent in a  regular draft. 

It would be kind of interesting to get Daniel Faalele in the fourth.  6'9", 400 lbs. Not sure if the kid can play in the NFL, but imagine those two behemoth OT's starting on an OL.

Total hypothetical, but if there was a Chase Young or Nick Bosa type edge in this draft would that change your opinion of sticking with Sam Darnold?  In total Jet fashion this is the first year in a few without a stud pass rusher in the draft. 

Just curious to see what the forum thinks. Would you be more in favor of keeping Sam IF there was a monster edge or would you still be ready to move on to another QB?  

1 minute ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

Total hypothetical, but if there was a Chase Young or Nick Bosa type edge in this draft would that change your opinion of sticking with Sam Darnold?  In total Jet fashion this is the first year in a few without a stud pass rusher in the draft. 

Just curious to see what the forum thinks. Would you be more in favor of keeping Sam IF there was a monster edge or would you still be ready to move on to another QB?  

I would trade up from Seahawks 1st to get qb.

12 minutes ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

No. And here's why. The only way it's logical to stick with Darnold is to help him out BIG TIME more than we have. Adding an edge rusher doesn't do that. That 2nd pick would have to be to help him (Sewell, D.Smith) something like that to even consider sticking with Darnold.

We stick with Darnold and somehow draft a defensive player (Surtain, Parsons)... then JD would be on my bad list instantly.

56 minutes ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

Unless JD goes nuts in FA to help whatever QB we have, I just can’t see that. The caveat is if we sign or trade for a starting QB which is unlikely. I am thinking of Sam and a rookie QB as the same situation. Both would need improvements to the OL and weapons to grow and succeed. 

7 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

No. And here's why. The only way it's logical to stick with Darnold is to help him out BIG TIME more than we have. Adding an edge rusher doesn't do that. That 2nd pick would have to be to help him (Sewell, D.Smith) something like that to even consider sticking with Darnold.

We stick with Darnold and somehow draft a defensive player (Surtain, Parsons)... then JD would be on my bad list instantly.

He didn’t say Surtain or Parsons he said Young or Bosa. A stud EDGE we haven’t had since John Abraham. 

However I agree, Darnold hasn’t done anything to show he’s worth keeping. I’ll cheer my butt off for him if he stays but he’s gotta earn it

3 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

He didn’t say Surtain or Parsons he said Young or Bosa. A stud EDGE we haven’t had since John Abraham. 

However I agree, Darnold hasn’t done anything to show he’s worth keeping. I’ll cheer my butt off for him if he stays but he’s gotta earn it

I guess my point was that no defensive player would make it worth keeping Darnold. Now if we came out of FA with every hole on offense addressed with top talented (won’t happen). The is entertain the idea of defense at 2. But until we fill holes on offense with top tier talent. Nothing will change with this team.