Green Bay Packers Draft Grade

Golfman

Draft Grade for Green Bay Packers  

95 members have voted

1. 1. What grade are you giving the Packers for this draft?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/01/2020 at 07:52 PM

Super hard to grade this class. If you looked at the draft and hoped for a ton of weapons then it’s an F for you but if you looked at the draft as gearing up for the future with dudes that fit the system. Then it’s probably a C and a B if you really like Love. I have it a B.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

There's some god awful logic in here, and I don't know where to begin.  New England has drafted ONE legitimate starting QB (Jimmy Garoppolo) and a fringe starting (Jacoby Brissett).  I don't think New Orleans has ever drafted and developed a franchise QB.  New Orleans has been in a win-now mode with Drew Brees for the last couple of years, and their top picks the last two years have been on IOL.  Not exactly great usage of value if you buy into positional value.

LaFleur didn't go to Tennessee to coach Mariota.  He went to get out from underneath Sean McVay.  As long as McVay is the HC, OC's won't really get the publicity they probably deserve.  Mariota is a mediocre QB, and LaFleur helped make the Titans an average offense.

He's a troll, don't even bother. The teams living off QBs they acquired over a decade ago, and they know QBs, lol what a garbage post.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He's a troll, don't even bother. The teams living off QBs they acquired over a decade ago, and they know QBs, lol what a garbage post.

Wasn't I the one telling everyone how awful McCarthy was at the beginning of 18 while You all were defending him? And As I recall, GB won 13 games and and back to the NFCCG immediately after that.  Yeah, you guys really know your stuff.

Edited by Patriotplayer90

34 minutes ago, James Lofton said:

Best case scenario is Rodgers plays at a high level and Love shows potential so in a few years we can recoup our lost picks. 

I was hoping we’d draft a OT that could be our RT for a decade. A run stuffing DT. A fast/quick WR. A ILB good in coverage. A CB that could cover the slot. 
I didn’t get to tick off any of those 🤔

It feels like we reached for most the players and chewed up an extra pick for Love. QBs are always a crap shoot, especially in the first round. So not pleased we used two picks including our first on him. Second round we got our third string RB. Hope it’s more than just protecting us from Jones leaving after next year. Then a short, kind of slow, TE.

this doesn’t strike me as a good draft 

I see two best case scenarios:

(1) The "Feel Good" version where Rodgers retires after winning 2-3 super bowls in a row and Jordan Love has a peaceful takeover and is a franchise guy

(2) The "Business Case" version where Rodgers gets traded after winning 2-3 super bowls in a row for a landfall of picks and Jordan Love is a franchise guy

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I don't think New Orleans has ever drafted and developed a franchise QB.  

QBs drafted by the New Orleans Saints:

2020 Tommy Stevens 7th

2015 Garrett Grayson 3rd

2010 Sean Canfield 7th

2005 Adrian McPherson 5th 

2002 J.T. O'Sullivan 6th =  8 career starts, none for NO

2000 Marc Bulger 6th = 95 starts, none for NO

1996 Danny Wuerfel 4th = 10 career starts, 6 for NO

So we have to go nearly a quarter of a century back before a QB drafted by the Saints started a game for them.  Part of that is Drew Brees.  Fair.  He is a sure fire Hall of Famer who joined them in their prime.  Teddy Bridgewater was not some find for the Saints.  The only reason that he isn't the starting QB for the Vikings right now is that he had a horrific injury.  They also just paid Taysom Hill 4.6 million dollars and he is a gadget player.  

But yes, the New Orleans Saints are just some magical QB factory. 

When Packers Brass resigned Rodgers to a mega-contract, I assumed that meant they were planning to go all in with Rodgers and move the rest of the chips to the center of the table to win now, so-to-speak.  This draft signaled a move away from this perceived notion.  We’re now hemorrhaging money on Rodgers, and in a contract we can’t give up, only to change course with an eye towards the future beyond Rodgers - couple of years possibly.

I guess if it were me, I’d have probably stayed the course with the original vision that drove Rodgers‘ recent contract extension to begin with.  As it stands today, it feels like we’re now stuck in the “in-between”: one foot still in the old, and one foot plodding the other direction.  This seems futile to me.  Not only are we paying Rodgers huge bucks to “help” the team transition, we’re paying a first round pick to hold a clipboard at the same time - seems inefficient on the surface, unless we somehow find success in the “in-between”, and Love magically becomes the QB of our dreams in a few years.  

• Like 1