Green Bay Packers Draft Grade

Golfman

Draft Grade for Green Bay Packers  

95 members have voted

1. 1. What grade are you giving the Packers for this draft?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/01/2020 at 07:52 PM

57 minutes ago, deathstar said:

Didn’t Jacoby Brissett and Brian Hoyer start for other teams but began their careers with NE?

Sure.  And Matt Flynn started QB for the Raiders.  Not going to start inflating my opinion of Ted Thompson because of that.

13 hours ago, Gopackgonerd said:

I feel like LaFleur might regret not using Vitale more. But I would say if you're going to invest a 3rd round pick in that kind of role, you probably are going to use him. I think Sternberger and him can be a good 1 2 punch on playaction. Sternberger being that downfield through the seams type, and Degaura being that quick underneath threat that can pick up pretty chunks when you check it down or want a quick pass if the rush is in Rodgers face.

Was Vitale really that good though? I saw Vitale as more of a pure FB. Deguara actually can be motioned outside and runs real routes. Watching JD's highlights (I know, not the best gauge), he has so many down the field through the zone plays that we haven't seen run by our FB here ever.

Don't get me wrong, I still think we reached, but I get what we are trying to do.

I recommend just blocking out all the talking mouths in the media for a while.  With the draft now behind us, there’s not much for these wind-bags to discuss and they’re gonna ride the GB draft story for all it’s worth until something else comes along.  Seriously, it gets old reading garbage that I’m not even sure the talking mouths themselves believe.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dubz41 said:

I was wondering what Horseface and Skip the dip were thinking!  NOT!  Can't believe you would even repost ANYTHING those two shock jocks would spew.

I can believe it. It's consistent with the only narrative he ever posts (or posted, not sure if the narrative has changed since I blocked a long time ago).

Thanks for the reminder of why I did though ha.

1 hour ago, pacman5252 said:

Was Vitale really that good though? I saw Vitale as more of a pure FB. Deguara actually can be motioned outside and runs real routes. Watching JD's highlights (I know, not the best gauge), he has so many down the field through the zone plays that we haven't seen run by our FB here ever.

Don't get me wrong, I still think we reached, but I get what we are trying to do.

Yeah i think Deguara will definitely bring a lot more than Vitale. He'll play everywhere. I just think Vitale could of got a lot more looks than he did. He still was a pretty good athlete out of the backfield for his size. I also fell for the hype from training camp lol.

2 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

I was wondering what Horseface and Skip the dip were thinking!  NOT!  Can't believe you would even repost ANYTHING those two shock jocks would spew.

Pretty sad when Sharpe and Bayless are used for source material lol

• Like 2

I hated sitting through the draft this year.  Just seemed so disappointing, but I'm a hack and Gute's the pro.......

So how about next year?  Here we go!!!

24- DeVonta Smith , WR      Alabama

56- Thayer Munford, OT      Ohio State

88- LaBryan Ray, IDL          Alabama

120- Nate Landman, LB         Colorado

Grade this you MFers!

:P

2 hours ago, Fox_NFLs_GG said:

I would say give it 3 to 5 years before an honest could be give a real grade.

Correct, but we live in a time where people want answers now. They want to pass judgement before any of these guys have stepped on the field. The feeling, on average of this board, or at least those to took the poll is a C- grade. 

Let's see where this goes after this year and as you said, 3 - 5 years. Only 1/2 of the first round picks from the 2017 draft are going to get a 5th year tender. Put another way 50% of the 1st round picks in 2017 teams have either given up on them or need another year to decide if they want to attempt to keep them. 

• Like 1