Would you rather have cheap Dalton or expensive Prescott?

Dalton for cheap or Dak for a large price  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Dak or Dalton

• Pay Prescott 40 million a year
    • Trade Prescott and roll with Dalton on his cheap contract

A slightly above average QB being paid top QB money, cckblocking your ability to build a SB winning team due to financial restaints - throws to elite weapons

A slightly below average QB being paid peanut QB money  - throws to elite weapons.

I'll take the red rifle. 

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 4

Easily Dalton. No question Dak is a better player, but how much better? Certainly not 33 million per year better. Dak has very little leverage anymore. Most of the NFL has their starting QBs set, and no one is taking on that salary. He can sign his already very generous deal or move on if I’m in charge. I would be reluctant to pay him more than 25 million per year at most. 

• Like 3

Give me Dak, the clear better QB. Eventually with a 17 game season the cap will rise to 240M and above. At that point Dak will be making around 13-15% of the team's cap space. Which is perfectly reasonable all things considered. Would I pay Dak 40M? Well no, but he will be getting around 33M or so. I'm fine with that price tag for a Pro Bowl cal

• Like 2

Ha. We were just talking about this on the Jets board giving the ridiculous high price of QBs. For guys like Mahomes and those top tier QBs, etc paying a QB $35 is worth it. For a guy like Dak, I think a team would be better off paying a descent veteran and spending that cape space around that QB.

Dak is not a guy who can carry a team. He needs pieces around him. So I think the Cowboys would be better off rolling with Dalton for the next 4 years while developing guys behind him. They could probably sign him to a 3YR $10 per year deal after this year.

Dalton plus $25M worth of FA is better than Dak. This is not even factoring that if they trade Dak, they’re probably getting 2 1st and some.

Be bold. Trade him and buck the trend.

Edited by SDotNova
  • Like 1

On 5/4/2020 at 4:51 PM, patriotsheatyan said:

What would you rather do?

Why did you use $40m/yr? If its that one report by 1 person like 8 months ago that was debunked by literally every other reporter as well as both Dak and his agent... then man you need to catch up with the news. 

• Like 3

On 5/5/2020 at 9:47 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

A slightly above average QB being paid top QB money, cckblocking your ability to build a SB winning team due to financial restaints - throws to elite weapons

Lets use reality:

1. Dak's first 4 years, statistically, are comparable to almost any top QB in NFL history.

2. "Elite Weapons"

1.  2016 was good
  2. 2017 Dez was broken and there wasnt a lot behind it
  3. 2018 NFL Next gen rated us *DEAD LAST* in seperation. Dak threw the most contested catches. WE WERE WORSE THAN ARIZONA
  4. Very good group. Only knocks were 1. Top 3 all got injured and 2. Led the NFL in drops.

A slightly below average QB being paid peanut QB money  - throws to elite weapons.

Dalton got benched on the worst team in the NFL....

I'll take the red rifle. 

Youd probably take stidhm over brady as well.

7 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Lets use reality:

1. Dak's first 4 years, statistically, are comparable to almost any top QB in NFL history.

2. "Elite Weapons"

1.  2016 was good
  2. 2017 Dez was broken and there wasnt a lot behind it
  3. 2018 NFL Next gen rated us *DEAD LAST* in seperation. Dak threw the most contested catches. WE WERE WORSE THAN ARIZONA
  4. Very good group. Only knocks were 1. Top 3 all got injured and 2. Led the NFL in drops.

Dalton got benched on the worst team in the NFL....

Youd probably take stidhm over brady as well.

JollyShowyAegeancat-small.gif

88.46% disagree with you. Better call those out too Matt.

I clearly think Dak is better (it says so right there) but we're talking contracts (at least we were before a poll edit).

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

88.46% disagree with you. Better call those out too Matt.

I do. The problem is FF.com circle jerks Dak hate, so its a never ending battle. Plus OP rigged this with $40m

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 3