Can a Case be made for Keenum...?

vike daddy

You sure type a lot for not saying anything.

The stats are available from the Washington Post, go look for yourself. Situational stats are relevant and used by teams. Major publications see it fit to track and use them. The have absolutely nothing to do with qualifying for a record book. 

When I said that it was a small sample size, it was based on my recollection of an article that I read and posted some time ago. On review of the data, (readily available for you to find on the internet) Keenums attempts are in line with other NFL starters.

if you don’t care to look then I assume that you are trying to pick an argument and don’t actually care about the discussion at hand. This is called flaming and is against forum rules. 

4 hours ago, Purplexing said:

Stating the obvious, to pad post count while contributing nothing to the discussion.

I await a reply with stats showing the actual number of too small, but, in afterthought, not too small, sample size of pass attempts in 3rd & 6 situations, which was allegedly reviewed before the comment was posted.  In the meanwhile, you can think up more snarky replies for any other conversation that didn't originally involve you, but which you feel compelled to reply to, for whatever reason.  If you think about it, some folks actions aren't perplexing after all.

i appreciate your permission to be part of a public online conversation.

6 hours ago, vike daddy said:

i appreciate your permission to be part of a public online conversation.

Carry on.  Don't forget to pad post count.... suggestion: discuss New Year's resolutions, recent snowfall in inches, or temperature extremes.  Sorry that I can't be more helpful in this area due to my limited experience.  Oh, yeah, try making a lutefisk sammich joke... that's the best I can think of on short notice.

7 minutes ago, Purplexing said:

Carry on.  Don't forget to pad post count.... suggestion: discuss New Year's resolutions, recent snowfall in inches, or temperature extremes.  Sorry that I can't be more helpful in this area due to my limited experience.  Oh, yeah, try making a lutefisk sammich joke... that's the best I can think of on short notice.

Hmmmm there's some irony here....somewhere

29 minutes ago, Purplexing said:

I must be the only one who has zero idea what lutefisk \ sammich is....

14 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

All Minnesotans know what a lutefisk sammich is....they wouldn't eat it, but they know what it is.  

But, as far as resolutions, I only have one...I resolve to consider making resolutions here soon.  

Quarterbacks can be measured by any number of statistics, whether it’s wins, passing yards, completion percentage, interceptions thrown or passer rating. ESPN computes a metric called Total Quarterback Rating (Total QBR) that showcases how players at the position impact the game.

ESPN writer Seth Walder recently compiled the 2017 numbers for Total QBR and found that Vikings quarterback Case Keenum had the second-highest mark at 69.8.

Walder wrote:

Case Keenum — and oft-overlooked quarterback — proved he was capable of an oft-overlooked skill in 2017: not getting sacked. Despite being blitzed at the second-highest rate in the league and pressured at the seventh-highest rate among qualifying starters, Keenum was sacked at the sixth-lowest rate in the NFL. It turned out that when he was blitzed and under pressure, he and the Vikings’ offense did a pretty good job of making positive plays anyway. That, combined with Keenum’s propensity for staying upright with the ball in his hand, is why he led the league in QBR when blitzed and when under duress.

http://www.vikings.com/news/lunch-break/article-1/Lunchbreak-Keenum-Had-ESPNs-2nd-Highest-Total-QBR-in-2017/030346f3-ec4b-4d9a-9b3f-555ce00bc3ca?sf178162249=1

2 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

I thought so too. Shurmur has drug him around via trade everywhere he has went.

What are the odd's Bradford would actually like a chance to just get away from him tho?

Bradford has been his best under Shurmur, I’d bet he’d like that to continue. 

56 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I think it makes sense for the bears to hire him

But do the Bears make sense for Shurmur? If you’re Shurmur, you know that the GM isn’t on steady ground, and your future is dependent on the development and success of Mitchell Trubisky, a quarterback you had no part in drafting. 

On 1/2/2018 at 4:07 PM, CriminalMind said:

There are lots of Norwegians in Minnesota, and, apparently, several of them are on this forum.  xD  I grew up in a Winnipeg suburb next to a Norwegian family, had other Norwgian fellow Nordic back-country skiing buddies, and work part year in Norway.  So. I am very familiar with lutefisk.  Actually, it is a good protein source food to take on ski-mountaineering, in dried form.  Eaten on knakkebrod (dried thick "cracker"), is very efficient, as it is very light to carry, and more nutritious than beef jerky.

Archived