Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 20 - Taco Bowl XX POSTED!)

qfTSuie.png

I added Previous Week PWN rankings, and weekly changes so you can easily see how much the most recent game changed your standings. 

We also currently have a team with the worst offense of all time, and a team with the worst defense of all time. Neat.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, pwny said:

qfTSuie.png

I added Previous Week PWN rankings, and weekly changes so you can easily see how much the most recent game changed your standings. 

We also currently have a team with the worst offense of all time, and a team with the worst defense of all time. Neat.

this year certainly feels different. 7 weeks in and every team has at least 2 losses. have to imagine it's because a lot of teams went all in this year. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, swoosh said:

this year certainly feels different. 7 weeks in and every team has at least 2 losses. have to imagine it's because a lot of teams went all in this year. 

It does feel like we're seeing the most parity that the league has had in quite some time.

11 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

It does feel like we're seeing the most parity that the league has had in quite some time.

Nacho said the same thing earlier.

In the middle of the draft, Tk3 noted that it felt like most teams had a great draft.

Some teams who have been historically v good got new owners that the situation dampened their teams a little bit, while two rosters that have been historically very bad got an infusion of talent. A number of teams cashed in for extra draft picks, which they appeared to hit on. Then because a lot of owners are treating things like this is the last season, a lot of developmental talent lasted longer than it usually does, meaning that the teams that would normally be drafting for success in the future are instead trying to squeeze out a couple extra wins this season by drafting players they’d have normally passed on for development guys. And then nobody’s really pulled the plug like normally happens by week 4.

• Like 1

Finally sat down and started charting postseason data today. I’ve charted 13 seasons and combined that with the regular season data I have. I assume I’ll have the rest of the data done tomorrow or Saturday. 

Week 8 Preview

Its that time again!

Those who were responsible for last weeks preview have been sacked!

Anchorage Eskimos @ Little Rock Uni Royals

Goff is just terrible, and I expect a career day for Kamara in this one, and a RESURGENCE of Carr. Little Rock will be competing for the 1st pick of the draft this year.

prediction: Eskimos win 41-21

Reykjavík Direwolves @ Scranton Papermakers

Both teams juuuuust out of the playoff picture here. Both desperately need a win. Top to bottom, I trust Tk3's squad much more.  Lamar will have a big game. 

As Xuxa once said "The red team wiiiiiiins"

prediction: Direwolves win 51-21 in a game that makes Scranton want to trade their CBs

Rio de Janeiro Pirates @ Miami Sharks

A battle of two 4-3 teams. Two 4-3 teams amongst a 100 other 4-3 teams. Its time for these teams to decide which one is going to stand out the most. Contrary to the popular belief, it isnt going to be Mahomes in this game. Russel Wilson is going to prove hes the better QB by racking up more yards than Pat.  I predict a big day for Miamis punishing defense and they do just enough on offense to win.

prediction: Sharks win 23-13

Freiburg Venom @ Iowa Jagwads

The Venom is surprisingly in the playoff hunt, and they could definitely stay in the mix this match and get to the .500 mark.

Iowa lately went with 100 offensive and defensive agression, so they are going balls out with reckless abandon.

I think it almost works this time, by forcing a couple turnovers.

However, covid-free Matt Stafford is gonna rack up the yardage while the defense is constantly out of position. 

prediction: Venom wins 27-21 in a come from behind win

Indianapolis Predators @ Southview Saints

preds are reeling after 3 straight losses, after they had previously been crowned the best of all time in week 4.

Perfect time to get back on track against the Saints. But they wont. They will play like crap all game, and somehow still pull out the win, so that everyone feels bad.

Indys Defense eats, but Ryan, Mixon, and all the Wrs disappoint. RMIB sadly, yet hopefully, enters next week, wondering what he can do better.

prediction: Predators win 10-6

Chicago Fire @ Seattle Sonics

Brees is back baby! Back to throwing picks. Threw 2 of them last game. Sure, he completed a lot of passes as well.

Hes certainly no Tua though!

Both teams really need this win, as both have a very real chance to win the division and get a first round home game.

Sadly for the Fire, Tua is too much to overcome as he nets 3 total touchdowns. Brees does a better job of limiting mistakes, but overcorrects and sprays it all over the field

Prediction: Sonics win 24-13

South Africa Woolly Mammoths @ Hanoi Viet Kongs

Yet another game this week with divisional and playoff implications. This team between two teams going in opposite directions and meeting in the middle

Its the classic Brady vs Jimmy G match, and just like Memento...Jimmy G is overmatched. I expect Tom B to turn this team back around this week. However, the unsung player to watch in this matchup is Josh Jacobs, who i expect a HUGE game from. If anyone thinks Jacobs will go less than 121 yards and 3 TDs, its laughable 

prediction: Mammoths win 38-21

Tacoma Thunder @ Egypt Starfalls

Egypt trying to put some distance among the division rivals thay are snapping at his feet. The Thunder just trying to stay in the conversation.

Bold prediction: This will be the most exciting game of the year. It will be back and forth with a ton of lead changes. I like both offenses, but dont trust either defense.

A 52 yard FG by Younghoe Koo wins it for TAC

prediction: Thunder wins 31-29

Norway Knights @ Rocket City Trash Pandas

Both teams are total hack frauds.

Sadly though, the Knights are much bigger hack frauds, and will need to RNG their way into the playoffs this year. Both teams might get there, but they have no hopes and no futures.

The winner gets a week of false hope, and the loser is resigned to what he already knows is true.

prediction: RC wins 47-27

Richmond Flying Squirrels @ Phoenix Rattlers

The rattlers looking to get back on track against the lowly squirrels and move into the easy part of their schedule. Phoenix is poised to be the number 1 seed, and there isnt much that can stand in their way. Richmond playing for nothing except the 1 seed. So, this game isnt really going to be captivating at all

prediction: Richmond wins 31-20

Edited by Malfatron
  • Like 3