Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone Mafia Game Thread: Game Over - Slytherin Wins

SwAg

13 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

The win con thing/agreeing with Josh and I came across as super scummy, especially when you didn't say WHY you agreed.

BTW, Josh said "I don't think Snape would be a threat to Hogwarts".

Our win con was "Eliminate all threats to Hogwarts-Aligned".

Counselor posted in all caps EATTH-A

That's why I said Josh is clear, Counselor is clear, and Matts is probably clear.

You saying "I agree" and then not saying why/dodging that looked bad, because in the past, SwAg doesn't give scum the town win con.

I was trying to get you to admit why you thought Josh was town. I was calling you out actually thinking you were just randomly making stuff up. I had Matts cleared early. Maybe I shouldn't have said anything about that though.

5 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

This is a dangerous thing to hang your hat on, IMO

You win when you outnumber Hogwarts-Aligned.

It was very easy for me to know EXACTLY how to frame people as I had your alignment name

Scum often know the exact wincon, and there was nothing unusual about the formatting of the wincon in this game. The subtle PM self clearing is a slippery slope in my eyes, you can get fooled if you rely on it

Very true, but I'll ask you this:

Were you given the exact win con for Town?

I wasn't going to just "clear anyone" as the game went, but when someone blatantly slipped/tripped on it, it was impossible to ignore. I was being relatively subtle about it, merely stating "Josh is Town" when he posted that, and then @Matts4313 wouldn't let it go and then completely outed it, even acknowledging "oops I think I ruined what you were doing". :)

40 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I maintain that @squire12 is one of the best Mafia players on this forum, and it kills me how criminally underrated he is. IMO any time that Squire flips Town after Mafia kills him, people should go back and see who he named as scum. Good chance that he was 50/50 right. I usually push for his death early on as scum, because the dude is going to be an analytical genius and game solve by D3/D4 most of the time.

You guys telling me that squire was good, and then him backing it up with his play meant he HAD to go.

I hit you because A) you had pushed on me early. You leaning back made it less incriminating when I went after you. You're also one of the better mafia players on the forum, and my whole strategy was to remove as many of the game solvers/active players as circumstance allowed.

Just now, HoboRocket said:

You guys telling me that squire was good, and then him backing it up with his play meant he HAD to go.

You don't have to convince me or @Forge that killing Squire early is a good move. :)

I hit you because A) you had pushed on me early. You leaning back made it less incriminating when I went after you.

IMO you did a great job of not outwardly panicking when I initially pushed you and stated my rationale, which in hindsight happened to be correct, and that's why I backed off initially...but you more or less benefited from my pushing Biggio and having TK3 on my mind.

You're also one of the better mafia players on the forum, and my whole strategy was to remove as many of the game solvers/active players as circumstance allowed.

Haha, I appreciate the compliment, but I'm well behind guys like SwAg, Touch, Malf, Dome, Squire, Blue, and BCB. TBH, I was probably staring down the barrel of a REALLY BAD D3 after I would have pushed TK3. For some reason, I had major scum vibes from @Forge and Dome, as well as @squire12 advocating a triple lynch with me. That said, as soon as Squire would have died and flipped Town, I would have gone back to that post everyone but @Tk3 ignored and pushed that.

• Like 1

I’ll be totally honest... there were times this game i got so into character as an already victorious Vernon that I forgot I was actually Neville 

(right after mwil lists me as a ‘good player’ lmao)

Edited by Dome
  • Like 2

On 6/6/2020 at 5:32 PM, Tk3 said:

I tracked Malf to Sanchez, who was the slytherin target

I wasn't buying that we had two trackers, nor that he would be Harry when, you know, Matts flipped Harry

On 6/7/2020 at 8:47 AM, Tk3 said:

@Forge @bcb1213

I'm feeling pretty confident it is ET, Dome, and Hobo, in some combination

Last night I tracked BBB. He visited himself, hence why I originally asked Hobo if he was a strongman. But BBB was a Body Guard, meaning a self protect makes no sense for him to do

So I am thinking either BBB fundamentally had no idea what his role was (doubtful), or there is still a redirector in the game

How did town not follow up on the @Tk3 tracker claims?   

Just now, squire12 said:

I agree

I THINK I had my tracks covered? ET was a redirector, so between the mafia moves and ETs redirect I was able to name all correct moves. The question is whether people would realize that I knew things through coordination

And I think Percy was a pretty decent character claim for the given role

On 6/5/2020 at 9:40 AM, ET80 said:
On 6/4/2020 at 10:01 PM, squire12 said:

Matts - 6 - Forge, Josh, Tk3, Malfatron, buff, Counselor

There are two Mafia in this group.

So either ET was lying, or Tk3 was mafia after Forge 1.0, Josh and Buff are eliminated as town and Malf as scum.

Yet the vote on the last day is Dome?

that should have been a 2 horse race with ET and Tke/counselor (forge 2.0)

4 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Because they all had crap that was suspect.  There were two scum out of a three man group, all of whom were suspect. Just picked wrong. Tk was getting a potion that night because I didn't trust him

3 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I agree

I THINK I had my tracks covered? ET was a redirector, so between the mafia moves and ETs redirect I was able to name all correct moves. The question is whether people would realize that I knew things through coordination

And I think Percy was a pretty decent character claim for the given role

I was fuming at the computer when you posted your track of Malf.   I didn't see anyone follow up with additional questions on other track information.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

I was fuming at the computer when you posted your track of Malf.   I didn't see anyone follow up with additional questions on other track information.  

Counselor followed up with it being crap

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Because they all had crap that was suspect.  There were two scum out of a three man group, all of whom were suspect. Just picked wrong. Tk was getting a potion that night because I didn't trust him

A tracker gets info on a killer and comes out with it after the thread is tilting at that person already being the vote.  

why vote Dome when he was not on the ET census list?  For you as the Counselor/forge 2.0, you knew either 

ET was town and that TK3 would be scum
OR
ET was lying and he was the scum.  

Just now, squire12 said:

A tracker gets info on a killer and comes out with it after the thread is tilting at that person already being the vote.  

why vote Dome when he was not on the ET census list?  For you as the Counselor/forge 2.0, you knew either 

ET was town and that TK3 would be scum
OR
ET was lying and he was the scum.  

Because I didn't want to choose that yet. I thought the least likely scenario was that they were together, which meant dome was the other and I was positive two were left

6 minutes ago, squire12 said:

So either ET was lying, or Tk3 was mafia after Forge 1.0, Josh and Buff are eliminated as town and Malf as scum.

Yet the vote on the last day is Dome?

that should have been a 2 horse race with ET and Tke/counselor (forge 2.0)

Absolutely

I was trying to push ET because that is consistent with what town TK would do

*shrug* I'll take it

• Like 1