TAPT Version 70.0 Steve Dowden follows the rules

ThatJerkDave

Somebody was getting rid of evidence......

CNN - A Florida man and his grandson couldn't believe their eyes when they reeled in more than just some scrap metal and bottle caps during a magnet fishing weekend trip.

Duane Smith and his 11-year-old grandson, Allen Cadwalader, were out on a magnet fishing trip on January 30 in Homestead, a suburb of Miami, Florida, when within five minutes of their arrival, Cadwalader reeled in two sniper rifle receivers and bolt carrier groups wrapped in shrink wrap.

Smith, who is retired infantry soldier and trained in deploying sniper weapons, said he knew the weapons were military grade. He estimates each piece weighed 20 pounds and after doing some research, Smith estimates they're worth $20,000 and could have been there for up to a year because of the condition they were in.

The weapons were covered in debris, so once they got home, Smith and Cadwalader cleaned them off for 30 minutes to an hour to find that the serial numbers had been ground off.

The weapons were turned over to Miami-Dade Police and will be sent to the forensics lab to be processed to determine if the weapons were used in a crime.

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

CNN - A Florida man and his grandson couldn't believe their eyes when they reeled in more than just some scrap metal and bottle caps during a magnet fishing weekend trip.

Duane Smith and his 11-year-old grandson, Allen Cadwalader, were out on a magnet fishing trip on January 30 in Homestead, a suburb of Miami, Florida, when within five minutes of their arrival, Cadwalader reeled in two sniper rifle receivers and bolt carrier groups wrapped in shrink wrap.

Smith, who is retired infantry soldier and trained in deploying sniper weapons, said he knew the weapons were military grade. He estimates each piece weighed 20 pounds and after doing some research, Smith estimates they're worth $20,000 and could have been there for up to a year because of the condition they were in.

The weapons were covered in debris, so once they got home, Smith and Cadwalader cleaned them off for 30 minutes to an hour to find that the serial numbers had been ground off.

The weapons were turned over to Miami-Dade Police and will be sent to the forensics lab to be processed to determine if the weapons were used in a crime.

I have wanted to do that for a while now.  But I know all I would ever find would be murder weapons or perhaps a ditched scooter.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Leader said:

How the hell do you have the tools to grind off a serial number, but not the tools to cut the bolts into unrecognizable pieces. That's just laziness.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

How the hell do you have the tools to grind off a serial number, but not the tools to cut the bolts into unrecognizable pieces. That's just laziness.

It's the Deliverance method of ditching evidence. As stated in the book......when you look out over a lake....how often do you think about whats at the bottom. Somebody just chucked these things off the closest bridge and figured "never to be seen again"

17 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Accepted a bud light. I dont drink bud light.

You have just risen in my estimation.

Check out Bootleg Football site. Besides making loads about the draft in the next few weeks, they always begin their broadcast by announcing what they drink, and they are both rather practised in that area.

No disrespect to beer drinkers (though I'm not one myself) as long as what they choose tastes better than a chemical toilet (and these days America is alive with good craft beers).

I'm more into the less fiery Scottish whiskies (like MacAllen, Balvenie) and I like vintage port that has an even split between it's spiciness and it's sweetness - like a cross between Warre's (spicy) and Fonseca (sweet)

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

On 1/31/2022 at 5:21 PM, Outpost31 said:

I feel like my doctor didn’t believe me. Leading up to my surgery I said like 14 times I’m allergic to acetimenophine. So when I wake up and I’m ready to get them painkillers, guess what the painkillers he prescribed had in it.

Acetimenophine.

Thank, but I don’t want to be peeing out my butt all day when I’m recovering from surgery.

So no painkillers. He didn’t do bad though. Not much pain. The last time I had a hernia fixed, it was the doctor’s first hernia surgery and he nicked something during surgery and it made my right ******** swell to the size of a baseball. That one was relentless pain for a week.

I've had two done.  The first one, I was up the next day good as new.  The second one, I was down for the count for a week and it took me about 3 weeks to get back to normal.

On 2/3/2022 at 10:40 AM, Leader said:

It's the Deliverance method of ditching evidence. As stated in the book......when you look out over a lake....how often do you think about whats at the bottom. Somebody just chucked these things off the closest bridge and figured "never to be seen again"

Iron and steel pieces also oxidize pretty quickly as well. They shouldn't have shrink wrapped them, if they were trying to get rid of them.  But they also seem to have put it near a bridge or dock as well.  And being in Florida, how far is the furthest point from the ocean?  Salt water would work faster.  

6 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

They shouldn't have shrink wrapped them....

I thought that as well.

They shouldn't have shrink wrapped them, if they were trying to get rid of them.  But they also seem to have put it near a bridge or dock as well.  And being in Florida, how far is the furthest point from the ocean?  Salt water would work faster.  

The bridge is simply an easy launching point....either chucked out of a moving car or back of a pickup truck - or simply walking across in the middle of the night.  I'm sure any bridge in the Miami area has salt water moving under it. 

Edited by Leader

Iron and steel pieces also oxidize pretty quickly as well. They shouldn't have shrink wrapped them, if they were trying to get rid of them.  But they also seem to have put it near a bridge or dock as well.  And being in Florida, how far is the furthest point from the ocean?  Salt water would work faster.  

I'm almost thinking they were dumped there in order for someone else to grab later. Terrible way to get rid of them. Good way to lose track of them/ chain of possession. 

On 2/2/2022 at 8:20 PM, Leader said:

Former sniper happens to find sniper rifles 5 minutes into his fishing trip!  What a coincidence!   He must've thought that  he had landed quite the big fish to keep reeling those 40 lbs in!   Then he's nice enough to clean off the guns and calls the police after discovering that the serial numbers had been ground off!  

wink-got-it.gif

So in Madden, Aaron Rodgers went to the Broncos. Davante actually chased the money and went to the Texans (even though I made a darn good offer from the Broncos). The Broncos signed Antonio Brown and Godwin.

Aaron Rodgers had 54 touchdowns, his first 5,000 yard passing season, only 6 interceptions. The Broncos went 16-1. I didn’t auto set any of this. I kid you not, the Broncos lost their first playoff game 10-28 to the Chiefs. Rodgers had 0 touchdowns, 0 interceptions.

I laughed out loud at that.

The Packers cut a lot of players. Both the Smiths. Cobb (who signed with Denver), but managed to hang onto Campbell and Douglas.

I got the 8th overall pick, used it on a safety Kevin Reed, and the 13th overall pick was acquired via trade, which was used on an EDGE rusher.

The Packers also had a high 2nd round pick, which they used on a QB.

The safety subbed in as the slot corner on nickel and dime downs and had 3 sacks, 6 interceptions and 4 defensive touchdowns as a rookie.

Jordan Love had a hair under 4,000 passing yards, 24 touchdowns, but 19 interceptions. He got injured in the final game of the season.

The EDGE set the rookie record for sacks in the season at 15.5.

Gary had 11 sacks.

The rookie QB got his first career start in the wild card round and beat the Cardinals 21-6.

Then the Cowboys 20-0.

He only attempted 12 passes in the first game, 16 in the second.

I’m gonna make sure the Packers win the Super Bowl with this nobody rookie QB.

Outpost31 is telling you all how right he was in this universe. Because if you believe in infinite universes, this actually happens somewhere, so somewhere Outpost31 is 100% right and he’s telling all of you how much he toad a so.

• Like 1