TAPT Version 70.0 Steve Dowden follows the rules

ThatJerkDave

1 hour ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

video is showing 'not available'.

Really? I am able to watch it at work...  It is "Haboglabotribin'" by Bernard Wright.  Sampled on "Gz and Hustlas" on Snoop Dogg's Doggystyle record.  Just a killer beat.  I actually didn't know it was sampled until stumbling across Bernard Wright while listening to music at work.  There is also the sample of that Skee-Lo song on one of his tracks.  

4 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Really? I am able to watch it at work...  It is "Haboglabotribin'" by Bernard Wright.  Sampled on "Gz and Hustlas" on Snoop Dogg's Doggystyle record.  Just a killer beat.  I actually didn't know it was sampled until stumbling across Bernard Wright while listening to music at work.  There is also the sample of that Skee-Lo song on one of his tracks.  

Oh yeah, Nard was a heavy hitter on keys. That song and a few others have been sampled many times over. Always good to improve your interplanetary funksmanship. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, beekay414 said:

The read one book, buy five more addiction is real. I'll probably die before I read every book I'll have ever bought.

What if I told you, there was this place, where you could go in, and take books, for free, and then bring them back so they don't clutter your space up?  

😁

Yeah, just messing.  Books do add up quick.  I read about one trash mystery novel a week by the pool in the summer.  Luckily for me, my mom also collects books, so I can send them to her when I read them.  But I have probably 30 unread books and 50 that I have read.  

44 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

What if I told you, there was this place, where you could go in, and take books, for free, and then bring them back so they don't clutter your space up?  

Ha, I tried but I'll read something and then they'll never have the follow-up or it'll be a part of a 21 book series and they'll have book 1, 4, 7 and 13. It's not fun.

Edited by beekay414

53 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

😁

Yeah, just messing.  Books do add up quick.  I read about one trash mystery novel a week by the pool in the summer.  Luckily for me, my mom also collects books, so I can send them to her when I read them.  But I have probably 30 unread books and 50 that I have read.  

You need to employ the 2 bookcase rule.

Any book you buy goes into bookcase 1. If you haven't read it in 2 years it is transferred to bookcase 2. Anything in bookcase 2 for another 2 years is disposed of because if you haven't read it in 4 years, you never will.

16 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

You need to employ the 2 bookcase rule.

Any book you buy goes into bookcase 1. If you haven't read it in 2 years it is transferred to bookcase 2. Anything in bookcase 2 for another 2 years is disposed of because if you haven't read it in 4 years, you never will.

I literally just finished a book that I bought 10 years ago. False.

• Like 1

If we are talking books a quick recommendation, if you haven't read it already, Quiet Strength by Tony Dungy.

Apart from him mentioning Joe Barry within the first few pages, it takes you on his football journey with many interesting insights about football in general. One point quite interesting, was the whole time he was the DC is Minny his wife was nagging his to leave. I guess the old argument of getting players and coaches to Green Bay is very real.

What's really special about the book is the role his faith played and how he saw every act through the eyes of what God wanted. This culminates with his son taking his own life the night before Dungy coached the Colts to a Super Bowl win!!!

16 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

If we are talking books a quick recommendation, if you haven't read it already, Quiet Strength by Tony Dungy.

Apart from him mentioning Joe Barry within the first few pages, it takes you on his football journey with many interesting insights about football in general. One point quite interesting, was the whole time he was the DC is Minny his wife was nagging his to leave. I guess the old argument of getting players and coaches to Green Bay is very real.

What's really special about the book is the role his faith played and how he saw every act through the eyes of what God wanted. This culminates with his son taking his own life the night before Dungy coached the Colts to a Super Bowl win!!!

Does he also talk about his homophobic agenda? About how he publicly said he'd sign Michael Vick after going to prison but not Michael Sam for being gay?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, VonKarman said:

Does he also talk about his homophobic agenda? About how he publicly said he'd sign Michael Vick after going to prison but not Michael Sam for being gay?

Well if you have that label and agenda against him you pretty much have that against the whole NFL cos while they might have not said it that's what all the owners, GMs and coaches did, they shunned Sam and a team went out and signed Vick. To be fair from a talent point of view they were right. 

If you are looking for social justice, just ask Colin Kaepernick you are looking in the wrong place with the NFL.

Edit: and as you brought up Vick, to this day it still baffles me that America can get so wound up about the killing of a handful of dogs in a barbaric manner, which results in prison time but is cool with the killing of millions upon millions of cows, sheep and pigs. I don't see how the two are reconcilable, both are brutal

Edited by Brit Pack
  • Like 1