TAPT Version 70.0 Steve Dowden follows the rules

ThatJerkDave

12 hours ago, vegas492 said:

70 when I drove home yesterday.

18 this morning when I drove to work.

My truck was iced shut.  Even though I remote started, I still had to get out the heat gun and melt the ice off of the door frame.

Quit licking the windows.......

• Like 2

19 hours ago, vegas492 said:

We got the same thing, only we went from a thunderstorm with a lot of rain, to 18, snow and wind.  It was ridiculous.

And?  Our lake opened up.  It is usually iced up until the second week in April.

And today it's 50 before noon. Mid 60s next two days. 

High brow. Low brow.

"The Peasants" maybe the most visually beautiful movie I have ever seen. It's so SO good.

"Ricky Stanicky" may be the stupidest movie I've ever enjoyed. It's so SO bad.

Both are worth a watch. 

• Like 1

On 3/9/2024 at 9:30 PM, wgbeethree said:

High brow. Low brow.

"The Peasants" maybe the most visually beautiful movie I have ever seen. It's so SO good.

"Ricky Stanicky" may be the stupidest movie I've ever enjoyed. It's so SO bad.

Both are worth a watch. 

I liked Ricky Stanicky.  It was a great Farrelly Brothers movie.  Well, as great as they can make now.

Couple of the lines in there really cracked me up and I thought John Cena was good, when you could actually see him.  Which is tough.

"I feel like Jason Batemen in every episode of Ozark."  That one really, really got me!

Who here has seen Dune 2? Personally, I preferred Dune Part One.

And for some strange reason, I find Zendaya especially attractive in the Dune movies but not at all in any other movie she has been in or in any interview on Youtube

6 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Spam and telemarketer voicemails crack me up.  They sound so confused like “Hello?  Hello??  Hello???”  Get blocked!

Take a bullet.

Keep them talking.  Pretend you are buying something.  Get to the end and then hang up.

If you burn their time, you keep them away from others.

I had one guy on the phone once for 45 minutes as I was driving.  

But, when I don't have time, I just ask them if they want to know a secret, then I burp into the phone.  #Classy

One time I had our entire office call the number for an hour straight.  Tied up their lines.  They called me and begged me to have us stop calling them.  But, we had interns then without much work to do.  Not so much now.

Edited by vegas492
  • Like 1

telemarketers ....
take that time to serenade them during their spiel
recite Ozzy Osbourne lyrics backwards to them
one of my favorites was to let them go thru their whole shtick and tell em "Gee that actually sound like a great deal ... why don't you come over to my house and we can take a bath together and talk about it"

basically, its a free chance to unleash your inner ******* upon them free of charge  :)

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Take a bullet.

Keep them talking.  Pretend you are buying something.  Get to the end and then hang up.

If you burn their time, you keep them away from others.

I had one guy on the phone once for 45 minutes as I was driving.  

But, when I don't have time, I just ask them if they want to know a secret, then I burp into the phone.  #Classy

One time I had our entire office call the number for an hour straight.  Tied up their lines.  They called me and begged me to have us stop calling them.  But, we had interns then without much work to do.  Not so much now.

Had a boss who would listen to their spiel for a few minutes and excitedly agree to buy their stuff then just repeatedly give some random number like 7 as the "credit card" number at the end and act confused until the telemaker realized he was messing with them and gave up.

• Like 1

I used to get marketed by an online pharmacy.

When my wife would be around, I'd take the call, get all secretive and then whisper to the person it wasn't a good time to talk and that I miss her and will call her soon.

First time I did that, she grabbed the phone and demanded to talk.  It was hilarious when a dude speaking broken English responded.