TAPT Version 70.0 Steve Dowden follows the rules

ThatJerkDave

2 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I feel that any place you visit, you get out of it what you put in. 

I think one of the most important things about visiting places is to be open to what that place has special to offer. If you customize your trips to where you're going you get the most out of them.

Like, if you're in Texas or KC do BBQ. If you're in Pittsburgh probably don't. If you're in Baltimore do crab. If you're in Ohio probably don't. If you're in Miami go to the beach and go clubbing. If you're in Minneapolis probably don't. If you're in Colorado go hiking. If you're in Kansas probably don't. And of course, if you're in Green Bay go ice fishing and snowmobiling. 

I'd guess that 90% of time I've heard someone come back from a trip and not like a city it's because that place didn't have X, Y, or Z that they wanted. It's like "I hated El Paso because they don't have good Italian food." or "Yeah Montana sucks. There's like no good art museums or sushi spots." You don't say.

• Like 1

Obviously someone's never been to Asian Buffet in Kalispell

Where users have raved about their experiences:

"Atmosphere is not very good as far as cleanliness goes, food quality has diminished" 

-Bob Hazelton

"the waitress treated us like dogs and threw fortune Cookies on the table was extremely rude"

-A A

"Food was mid , restaurant was dirty and fish tank was disgusting. Those poor fish . What a shame"

-Imani Manuel

"If I could give this 0 stars and warm everyone i would. This is by far the worst food I've eaten in a long time. I'll never step foot into this place again. Horrible horrible tasting, gut wrenching food. I highly suggest elsewhere. Or just starving would be better"

-MadDawg Noll

• Like 1

Never visiting anywhere at all ever because you hate vacations and hate hotels and instead move to new places every three to six years is the way to go.

Also, anyone who eats out regularly I just don’t understand that lifestyle. Food is healthier and tastes better when you make it at home. Plus you know you won’t have some greasy neckbeard’s greasy hair ending up in your mouth and it’s at minimum three times cheaper.

Why anyone would go eat around a bunch of loud strangers, pay three times the amount and then also have to tip instead of eating in the nice quiet solitude of their own home is beyond me.

And don’t even get me started on people who decide to get married and have kids.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Leader said:

Sorry...but impossible to pass on this one. Please expound...... :)

kids are dumb and gross.

I’d get married to someone some day if she was alright with being my next door neighbor and didn’t want to live with me. Also who had her own money. Otherwise hard pass. I don’t want to share my money and I don’t want to share my house. And who didn’t want kids. And who didn’t have kids. And who doesn’t like talking too much. And doesn’t want to go out to restaurants.

Edited by MacReady
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, MacReady said:

kids are dumb and gross.

I’d get married to someone some day if she was alright with being my next door neighbor and didn’t want to live with me. Also who had her own money. Otherwise hard pass. I don’t want to share my money and I don’t want to share my house. And who didn’t want kids. And who didn’t have kids. And who doesn’t like talking too much. And doesn’t want to go out to restaurants.

I've pretty much got this going. Had to concede the living situation and move her in.. otherwise yeah real solid arrangement.

Just waiting for the worm to turn.

This company named arigo sells antibodies. Antibodies are notorious for not accurately reporting what they say they are reporting. Sometimes they report fake things. Sometimes they fail to report true things.

https://www.arigobio.com

This is cosmic level comedy and i needed to share in case there happens to be another life scientist on this board

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MacReady said:

kids are dumb and gross.

Not saying I am either for or against your stance, but I do have experience with what you've stated above.

My grad school girlfriend had parents who were still married, but lived in different houses separated by about 10 miles.

They tried living together and it just didn't work out for them, so they found a way to still be married while living separate.

They still had meals together, shopped together....etc, but each would just go to their home at the end of the day.

And it worked for them.  Never heard either of them complain or talk negatively about that arrangement.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HokieHigh said:

This company named arigo sells antibodies. Antibodies are notorious for not accurately reporting what they say they are reporting. Sometimes they report fake things. Sometimes they fail to report true things.

https://www.arigobio.com

This is cosmic level comedy and i needed to share in case there happens to be another life scientist on this board

Inaccurate reporting from Arrigo? You don't say!

17 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

I think one of the most important things about visiting places is to be open to what that place has special to offer. If you customize your trips to where you're going you get the most out of them.

Like, if you're in Texas or KC do BBQ. If you're in Pittsburgh probably don't. If you're in Baltimore do crab. If you're in Ohio probably don't. If you're in Miami go to the beach and go clubbing. If you're in Minneapolis probably don't. If you're in Colorado go hiking. If you're in Kansas probably don't. And of course, if you're in Green Bay go ice fishing and snowmobiling. 

If you're in Missouri do pack up and get the **** out.  If you're in Hawaii, don't.