TAPT Version 70.0 Steve Dowden follows the rules

ThatJerkDave

2 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

Had a boss who would listen to their spiel for a few minutes and excitedly agree to buy their stuff then just repeatedly give some random number like 7 as the "credit card" number at the end and act confused until the telemaker realized he was messing with them and gave up.

I've done that, only I use the old "cell service is bad, you are cutting out" line at the end and hang up.

I've also mimicked their accent back to them and said some really, really horrific things.  

But it is okay, because telemarketers are not real people.

35 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

Had a boss who would listen to their spiel for a few minutes and excitedly agree to buy their stuff then just repeatedly give some random number like 7 as the "credit card" number at the end and act confused until the telemaker realized he was messing with them and gave up.

If I pick up on such a call....I'll let the person go thru their opening....then say something of this sort: "Listen...thank-you for the call, but I'm not interested (or going take advantage of) the offer"

My take: The person on the other end of the line is doing a job...one which probably entails a ton of rejection....so they dont need my **** added to their day.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

If I pick up on such a call....I'll let the person go thru their opening....then say something of this sort: "Listen...thank-you for the call, but I'm not interested (or going take advantage of) the offer"

My take: The person on the other end of the line is doing a job...one which probably entails a ton of rejection....so they dont need my **** added to their day.

I was just going to add that caveat. There is a clear difference between a legit telemarketer and a phone scam. One is just an obviously desperate petson trying to do their really horrible job and the other is human trash. React accordingly. 

1 minute ago, wgbeethree said:

I was just going to add that caveat. There is a clear difference between a legit telemarketer and a phone scam. One is just an obviously desperate petson trying to do their really horrible job and the other is human trash. React accordingly. 

I normally dont pick up from an unrecognized call....but if I do and it happens to be something like this....

• Like 1

Most unrecognized numbers that call up here in the great white north are scammers saying your CC has been compromised and or pretending to be our nephew in jail needing 8K to get out after a car wreck. I miss the days of a sales person calling me instead of the filthy scam artists cause you know they catch someone with that crap. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Leader said:

You are a monster

My policy for avoiding getting scammed is two-fold:

1. If you call or email me, and I don’t recognize you and/or wasn’t expecting it, I don’t need it. I won’t pick up or respond.

2. If I’m wrong, you will reach me one way or another. 

Like if I actually owe someone or something money for real, they will track me down if I ignore them. If it’s a scam, they will go away. 

I love wasting a scammer’s time. The best one I ever had was I spent an hour on the phone with someone with an Indian accent regarding the virus that was detected on my PC.

After an hour I spent making sure he had the right person and the right PC I said, “Wait a second, I only have a Mac.”

He paused for a second and then said, “You are a mother****er,” and then hung up.

That was over ten years ago now. I don’t have that kind of time anymore.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, thrILL! said:

This sounds like the origin story in an anime/manga lol. 🐈 ☢️ 

Remember when the Fukushima incident happened like 6 months before the Godzilla movie came out in 2014?  Japan is doing some sneaky stuff, all of the time.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MacReady said:

I love wasting a scammer’s time. The best one I ever had was I spent an hour on the phone with someone with an Indian accent regarding the virus that was detected on my PC.

After an hour I spent making sure he had the right person and the right PC I said, “Wait a second, I only have a Mac.”

He paused for a second and then said, “You are a mother****er,” and then hung up.

That was over ten years ago now. I don’t have that kind of time anymore.

I do like watching those videos where a scammer gets their time wasted and then they start cursing at the person they called. Like dude, YOU are the scammer. YOU are the lowlife. Don’t get mad at the person you’re trying to scam. 😂 

4 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Remember when the Fukushima incident happened like 6 months before the Godzilla movie came out in 2014?  Japan is doing some sneaky stuff, all of the time.  

Getting out ahead of Catvengers.

Catain Americat.

Pussyhammer.

Nick Furry.

Ironpussy.

Black Panther.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, MacReady said:

Getting out ahead of Catvengers.

Catain Americat.

Pussyhammer.

Nick Furry.

Ironpussy.

Black Panther.

How did you miss Cat Man?

Captain Meowvel?

Edited by vegas492
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

I do like watching those videos where a scammer gets their time wasted and then they start cursing at the person they called. Like dude, YOU are the scammer. YOU are the lowlife. Don’t get mad at the person you’re trying to scam. 😂 

I think she might be a professional voice actor and, if not, she should be. She’s really good at improv as well.  It’s hilarious how she flips it on the scammers until they rage hang up lol. 

• Like 1