TAPT Version 70.0 Steve Dowden follows the rules

ThatJerkDave

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

None of these places (and I've tried all of them) touch Culvers. Still the best fast food burger out there.

I used to basically live on fast food and now it's about the only thing I can stomach (sober)

1 hour ago, Norm said:

I used to basically live on fast food and now it's about the only thing I can stomach (sober)

I actually am pretty much a "wegan" these days. I don't purchase any animal products. But Culvers was always my fast food stop when I wanted it. 

Now I'll hit up Taco Bell occasionally (decent vegan options) or the Impossible Whopper if I'm craving a burger. Which is really good, too, but expensive.

Otherwise my meat is limited to venison I shoot and fish I catch.

But man I do crave Culvers sometimes still...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheGreatZepp said:

It’s crazy that fast food burgers cost the same and frequently more than a good pub burger at a local joint with a chef that actually cares

Dunno about the US but fast food here in Spain (I'm talking about chains like like McDonalds and Burger King) has gone up in price to the point they compare to actual good burgers made of good meat by people that care, like you say. It's like they forgot people eat their crap because it's cheap, not because it's good.

The price of fast food has gone crazy.

I eat out for most every lunch and with how the costs are, I find it better and easier to go to the grocery store and make myself a great salad for $8.00 as opposed to dropping the same money on a bad fast food meal that will make me feel awful.

And I'm down 9.3 pounds in 10 days after making the switch.  

And since I'm doing more salads and better things for lunch, the home meals are now better, too.  Lean turkey, chicken breast and fish with one potato and a bunch of veggies.

Took about 4 days of eating this way for me to notice a change in my body.  A lot of my aches and pains went away.  Not all, because I still have a very arthritic hip that needs to be replaced, but that hip pain has gone from like a constant 6 to a constant 3.

I'd really like another 20 pounds off before May, so we shall see how this goes.  I know I won't lose like this for very long, so my guess is that soon it'll be 1-2 pounds/week if I'm diligent.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

The price of fast food has gone crazy.

I eat out for most every lunch and with how the costs are, I find it better and easier to go to the grocery store and make myself a great salad for $8.00 as opposed to dropping the same money on a bad fast food meal that will make me feel awful.

And I'm down 9.3 pounds in 10 days after making the switch.  

And since I'm doing more salads and better things for lunch, the home meals are now better, too.  Lean turkey, chicken breast and fish with one potato and a bunch of veggies.

Took about 4 days of eating this way for me to notice a change in my body.  A lot of my aches and pains went away.  Not all, because I still have a very arthritic hip that needs to be replaced, but that hip pain has gone from like a constant 6 to a constant 3.

I'd really like another 20 pounds off before May, so we shall see how this goes.  I know I won't lose like this for very long, so my guess is that soon it'll be 1-2 pounds/week if I'm diligent.

A few years back, I was a little shocked by how much better my knees felt after lowering my weight from 210(ish) to 180(ish).  It seems obvious in hindsight, but it never even crossed my mind that weight was a big factor.

19 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

A few years back, I was a little shocked by how much better my knees felt after lowering my weight from 210(ish) to 180(ish).  It seems obvious in hindsight, but it never even crossed my mind that weight was a big factor.

Imagine Bahktiari knee after multiple surgeries for scar tissue/ meniscus/ cartilage issues at 300+ pounds.  

Big part of why i can't see him being in GB in 2024.

2 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

Yah, my 9.3 pounds is a drop in the bucket for what I need to lose.  So I get where that really helped you, but that isn't what is making me feel better.

Getting away from processed "foods" and sugars while replacing them with whole foods including fruits and veggies is what I feel has helped.  Hand to God I feel like the smoothies with blueberries are helping the most.  Anti-inflammatory fruits.

No doubt everything will continue to feel better as I lose more weight.  The difference in how I feel so far is just crazy.

And really I have the rising price of fast food to thank for it.  

(Though I did do Culvers this afternoon.  Grilled Chicken sandwich, only half a bun with half an order of regular fries.)