TAPT Version 70.0 Steve Dowden follows the rules

ThatJerkDave

Sorry for the lack of participation around here lately everyone, was feeling real stressed about searching for a new job and I got put on Zoloft. Well that just about killed any interest I had in everything on planet earth, after 8 long weeks I'm dosing off the meds and hopefully will get my mental health back on track in the coming weeks to talk draft with you all. Go Pack Go.

• Like 14

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Sorry for the lack of participation around here lately everyone, was feeling real stressed about searching for a new job and I got put on Zoloft. Well that just about killed any interest I had in everything on planet earth, after 8 long weeks I'm dosing off the meds and hopefully will get my mental health back on track in the coming weeks to talk draft with you all. Go Pack Go.

🫂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Welcome back...and all the best 👍

Every time things start going well for me, something happens in life that just pushes me or my family right back down in the pits. Cannot catch a ******* break, man. Today, my uncle suffered a widow-maker heart attack and dropped dead right in front of my aunt. Makes 3 family members in the past 21 months and my dad doing everything he can to join them with his health issues (heart attacks, stroke, etc). Just cannot fathom how much more **** can continue to be shoveled on us. Obviously, we've got good stuff going on too as none of us are hurting financially or without good support systems but death is a little more final than any other struggle and it's just kinda putting a strain on everyone. I'm kind of someone that people lean on for emotional support because (and this is going to shock some of you because of my persona here lmao) I'm really even keeled and never judge people for their thoughts or comments that come out when dealing with stressful stuff like this but it's getting to be a bit heavy on even myself.

Just venting a little bit. I'm good FWIW and not struggling myself. Just kind of numb to it all at this point.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Every time things start going well for me, something happens in life that just pushes me or my family right back down in the pits. Cannot catch a ******* break, man. Today, my uncle suffered a widow-maker heart attack and dropped dead right in front of my aunt. Makes 3 family members in the past 21 months and my dad doing everything he can to join them with his health issues (heart attacks, stroke, etc). Just cannot fathom how much more **** can continue to be shoveled on us. Obviously, we've got good stuff going on too as none of us are hurting financially or without good support systems but death is a little more final than any other struggle and it's just kinda putting a strain on everyone. I'm kind of someone that people lean on for emotional support because (and this is going to shock some of you because of my persona here lmao) I'm really even keeled and never judge people for their thoughts or comments that come out when dealing with stressful stuff like this but it's getting to be a bit heavy on even myself.

Just venting a little bit. I'm good FWIW and not struggling myself. Just kind of numb to it all at this point.

For more than a decade of my life I had a theory that I lived my life in perpetual neutrality.   Had a big deal come in and -boom- get a call out nowhere that some random **** happened to a client and they had to back out of a deal.   Celebrate the birth of a child in the family - boom - nephew dies.  Receive an unexpected bonus - boom - health crisis in the family and have to help with medical bills.  Save for a trip - boom - flood.    So many more examples.   And as many good things that happened evened out by bad - the opposite was true too.   Every low a high and every high a low.   Shared this theory with skeptical friends and enough yin-yang happened to make them all believers.   Gets hard to accept good fortune expecting the inevitable eventuality, but again, the opposite is true too.  All I can say is accept the unexplainable, be true to yourself and have faith in yourself being the person you want to be, trust the long game, stop asking "why is this happening to me?, avoid the temptation to blame others or get frustrated and ultimately that cycle will end and you will reap the rewards

**Now that I'm done channeling Tony Robbins, also learn there are benefits to a yin-yang life.  If you make an uplifting post, it is absolutely acceptable in perpetual neutrality to troll the internet and be a sarcastic ******* in the next

• Like 2

23 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Sorry to hear you're going through all this. Life has definitely got its valleys. My wife and I lost all 5 of our remaining grandparents in a 5 month stretch in 2021-2022, then had our son 3 months later, so there are peaks too.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Sorry to hear you're going through all this. Life has definitely got its valleys. My wife and I lost all 5 of our remaining grandparents in a 5 month stretch in 2021-2022, then had our son 3 months later, so there are peaks too.

Hopefully I get one of those peaks soon! I lost my Mom in late January and life just feels really weird right now. Everytime something good happens I immediately remind myself of her and lose any feelings of happiness.

I was very depressed for about 3 years after my father died.  Probably am still depressed over it, but not as bad as it was a few years ago.

I've got no magic words that help.  No "high" can even come close to canceling out that loss.

Life is still fine.  But I'm going to admit that the glossy "shine" of life really got dull for me after my Dad died.

I'll bet I put on 60 pounds since his death.  And it's only recently that I took control back and started losing weight to get back to a more healthy weight.  So maybe the tide is turning, but dang, that was a really tough stretch of time for me.