Notable Stats

HTTRDynasty

On 1/6/2022 at 9:50 AM, Forge said:

Sterling Sharpe (and Shannon goes into the stacked TE group) and Sammy Watkins. Not sure who else. Amon St Brown may already be here lol. Rocket Ismail. 

I think if you had Shannon slim down, he'd fit in fine as a WR. 

Rocket Ismail's brother Qadry was a better NFL WR, IIRC (edit - did a quick look and they were pretty interchangeable, factoring in the Rocket spent his "rookie years" in the CFL, so he probably came in a little more of a fully formed product) 

Edited by Mr Bad Example

On 1/9/2022 at 7:54 PM, Trentwannabe said:

It wasn't an MVP type season but if this is the "regression", I'll take it. He certainly proved last year wasn't a fluke and he proved he can play in front of fans ;)

A lot of times you say "regression" and people think that means "oh, you think he's going to suck? Screw you!" when it's more like looking at something like Mahomes' 2018 and Jackson's 2019 td %s and saying "this probably is still going to be very good next season but not insane like it was this season" 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Rodgers taking a sack instead of forcing it has always been something that he's done--why do think his INT totals are so low (not the only reason but you get my point)? 

You take the good with the bad with Rodgers. And to be honest, I don't disagree with him on that logic either. A sack still gives your team a chance while turnovers are absolute game killers.

People criticise Rodgers for taking sacks, and he certainly has but the guys ahead of him on the "career times sacked" list are Roethlisberger, Brady, Elway, and Favre so I'd say he's in OK company. Also he's trading those sacks for a ridiculously low int %, I know that Roeth, Elway, and Favre took those sacks and also had a tendency to put the ball up for grabs a little bit.  

42 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

I think if you had Shannon slim down, he'd fit in fine as a WR. 

Shannon was originally listed as a WR when he was drafted out of Savannah State, IIRC.

42 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Rocket Ismail's brother Qadry was a better NFL WR, IIRC (edit - did a quick look and they were pretty interchangeable, factoring in the Rocket spent his "rookie years" in the CFL, so he probably came in a little more of a fully formed product) 

Tangent here - but Rocket Ismail was a product of hype, coming out of Notre Dame (a hype factory in itself back in the early 90s) and then jumping to Canada over the NFL. The allure of him was far superior to the actual on field product...

Edit: Comparing the two, Rocket and Missile were basically identical - 10/158/5 is the difference, with Rocket having more Rec/Yards and Missile getting more TDs (in 10 more games, mind you). Their YPR is exactly the same at 14.6, but Rocket has a significant advantage in rushing totals.

That's very interesting - brothers producing at a near identical clip.

5 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

I can't remember what year it was but Tom Brady at age 41 or something like that outproduced EVERY OTHER AGE 41 QB IN NFL HISTORY. 

And those numbers just keep getting more and more massive. 

HGH is a beautiful thing

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

I can't remember what year it was but Tom Brady at age 41 or something like that outproduced EVERY OTHER AGE 41 QB IN NFL HISTORY. 

And those numbers just keep getting more and more massive. 

One of my favorite stats is Jerry Rice made a pro bowl at an age no one else in NFL history has ever caught a pass.

• Like 4