Browns General Discussion

candyman93

8 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Jim Schwartz doesn’t prioritize linebacker

Right. Which is precisely why I don't expect the Browns to add one. I do think we are definitely in the market for a TE2 though. It's needed in my opinion. The final offensive piece.

Knew it. We’ve been trying to copy the Bengals offense.

In 2023, the Browns were in 11 personnel 73% of the time, good for seventh in the league. The Los Angeles Rams topped the list at 95% with the Carolina Panthers (89%) and Cincinnati Bengals (81%) the only other teams above 80% in 2023.

It makes sense given how many talented WRs come out in the draft every year.

@Armbar

Our linebackers are like our tightends. 

Really good at the top JOK and Njoku,but get average and terrible quickly. 

They obviously believe they can get an adequate blocking tight end anywhere. They also prioritize OL no 1o over TE 3. We can use conklin or Jones as TE 3 week 1 on a lot of downs.

JOK has all pro potential imo and Hicks is decent we just need one of fields diabate or someone else to be an OK 3rd linebacker. But this goes to crap when Hicks and or JOK ho down.

Despite Dallas having on paper a great defense, they struggled against the run at times, clearly their biggest weakness. Often times they got up early and let their pass rushers and secondary go to work. On paper if Chubb is even 80% of what he was, this should be a balanced offense with commitment to running the ball and hitting some playaction passes.

We can’t have Parsons isolated 1:1 with Jed and 40 pass attempts or it’s going to be ugly.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Despite Dallas having on paper a great defense, they struggled against the run at times, clearly their biggest weakness. Often times they got up early and let their pass rushers and secondary go to work. On paper if Chubb is even 80% of what he was, this should be a balanced offense with commitment to running the ball and hitting some playaction passes.

We can’t have Parsons isolated 1:1 with Jed and 40 pass attempts or it’s going to be ugly.

It's only May, but if I had to guess right now, it's probably more likely that Chubb won't play at all in this game.

• Like 1

I’ll keep saying it-

When healthy our roster is at the same caliber as San Francisco and Baltimore. We showed it by beating them both last year.

However, I KNOW this roster won’t be healthy because of its physical playing style.

I know it's all BS until 8 tomorrow night when the schedule is officially released. I saw a tweet yesterday that I cannot find now.

Halloween falls on a Thursday this year, so the scheduling nerds were proposing a Thursday night doubleheader with a combination of the Browns, Bengals, Bears and Broncos - teams that have orange as a primary uniform color.

If so, probably a CLE at CIN early game and a CHI at DEN late game.