Browns General Discussion

candyman93

25 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Conklin is only signed through the 2022-2023 season, so our OL could look very different in about two years.

I very much could see us drafting 1-2 high upside OL in the middle or later part of the draft to be eventual replacements for guys like Tretter, Bitonio and Conklin (and Teller if he's not resigned, which I very much hope he will be).

Another reason I could see a notable investment in IOL this year (other than the eventual departures and needed replacements) is simply this looks like a pretty good draft for OL.

Id much rather they draft good players when the opportunity arises than wait until someone thing is a need and hope the talent is there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

Conklin is only signed through the 2022-2023 season, so our OL could look very different in about two years.

I very much could see us drafting 1-2 high upside OL in the middle or later part of the draft to be eventual replacements for guys like Tretter, Bitonio and Conklin (and Teller if he's not resigned, which I very much hope he will be).

The moment Conklin played like an all pro he was guaranteed a contract extension. If he just plays at a pro bowl level next year, he’s fine for life.

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

So we will primarily be like this:

Garrett

Billings (I think Sheldon comes back)

Elliott

Clowney

JOK

Walker

Ward

Newsome

Hill

Delpit

Johnson

I would assume Malik Jackson starts at DT, probably over Elliott, but looks about right otherwise.

Harrison will get plenty of playing time, I'd imagine. Greedy too IF he's healthy (which is a big if).

What a dramatic transformation from the personnel we had last year defensively.

17 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I would assume Malik Jackson starts at DT, probably over Elliott, but looks about right otherwise.

Forgot about him.

Next year is a learning year for the young guys on defense. In 2 years they will be special.

We need a full year in the system for guys, but watch out.

Edited by candyman93

28 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I want to get Greedy and still sign another veteran or two. Lots of good ones out there.

Sherman would still be awesome but it's highly doubtful.

CB still is a need, imo.

I could see Greedy on the PUP, IR or just cut if the cap impact isn't too great.

11 minutes ago, bruceb said:

CB still is a need, imo.

I could see Greedy on the PUP, IR or just cut if the cap impact isn't too great.

Agreed which sucks, feels like we never even got to see what type of player he was.

Sherman 100% fits. He would be a 1 year guy, leader, smart, accountable, works, ect ext and all of the other stuff that Berry seems to love when targeting vets.

We need 1 more CB IMO and 1 more OG and then I will be over the moon about this roster