Browns General Discussion

candyman93

It will be interesting to see how things play out with the DT spots. I think there’s a legitimate chance that the two rookies we bought in both end up as starters at some point next season. 

A healthy and motivated Marvin Wilson should be able to at least push Billing for the starting spot at NT

I don’t think the Browns signed Jackson to be a starter, makes more sense to use him as a rotational rusher and if Woods wants to play smaller faster players at the second level it makes a lot of sense to have some who’s stout at the POA like Togiai start at 3 tech

• Like 1

On 5/3/2021 at 3:29 PM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Mack is gonna have to show a TON of improvement tbh.

He really hasn’t developed at all since he got here, I’m not sure they’re going to be uber patient with a former 5th rounder in his 3rd season who’s not showing notable improvement.

The first statement I totally agree with....

The Second statement, not so sure about....he was forced to start as a rookie and he didnt completely crap the bed his rookie year......82 tackles, 7PD's, 1 int, 1 FF and a sack, definitely can be improved upon, but its not a liability especially for a 5th round pick. This past year, IMO, I am not sure how many saw the knee injury he had in the preseason, I remember a good amount of us, was planning on Mack Wilson improvement to hold our LB corps down last year (in the preseason it was projected as one of the worst in football)...but that Knee injury pretty bad, I personally thought he was going to be on the IR with Delpit. He played at least half the year injured. I thought he started coming on at the end of the year, had some up and down performance, and missed some tackles. I want to see him this year healthy and headed into the 3rd year. If we kept players for their special teams ability. I think giving up on Mack Wilson is a mistake...if not for the Special Teams alone. Just to remind folks, this was Mack Wilson's last year Healthy AND not a NFL Rookie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaV0tmSXLaw

There are 4 players I really want to see them next year, Mack Wilson, Shedrick Redwine, Curtis Weaver and Marvin Wilson.....

And last but not least.....I was one of the biggest Hue Jackson apologist in here....and I renounce defending him. I am watching MoneyBall right now (or as I have renamed it...the Paul Depodesta Origin Story), and a scene reminds me of something that happened that year.....Hue ACTUALLY Caused/made our GM Trade Carlos Hyde so Chubb could get playing time......I cant believe that actually had to happen...not saying Hyde is a bad NFL running back, but you have a top 3 NFL back on your roster and your playing a backup?????

giphy.gif

Edited by DaWg_LB.
  • Like 2

One more Random Thought Before Bed.....

I know that at one time, the Dawg Pound was the original "No Fly Zone" defense...but that name is more associated with Us Browns Fans, and is not the most Famous Stadium Section in Pro Football (The Black Hole used to be tied...but they moved to Vegas Now..and the Vegas Black Hole sounds like a strip club, where anything goes in the Champagne Room).

DO we need to, come up with a new Name to Brand our Defense with? I am getting pretty excited about the Potential we have here, just looking at the possible synergy created by the parts.....

IF WE do, as the collective Governing Body of the International Fan base...I would vote for "The Electric Mayhem".....its old school and nostalgic (and you have to be a bit Nostalgic to remember when we USE to be this good....)...and I was a big fan of the Muppet show. Go back and look at some of the Songs they performed..especialy "Money" and tell me it dosent AmP you up LOL.

IF everything goes right....Top 5 offense, Coach of the year and a Defense with some Teeth....wow:

sddefault.jpg

3 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Is that media speculation or have we actually gone about it?

Only heard it from guys like Max Keller man and other talking heads. I really believe it's a bunch of nothing but people bored speculating on the best possible destinations for Rodgers.

30 minutes ago, bruceb said:

This is silly speculation.

Mayfield is not going anywhere and Rogers certainly is not coming here.

Next?

Something something obj. 

Maybe a trade, possibly a pop, maybe sexuality 

• Like 1

As an intellectual experiment, Aaron Rodgers as the QB of the Browns is a fun idea. A HOF MVP QB with this line and these weapons would be a joy to watch. I love Rodgers, and think he is the best QB playing and has been for a decade.

It's just unrealistic because of innumerable ramifications on how this team is built. It is so far outside the guardrails, it doesn't even justify serious consideration. 

Edited by ditchdigger